Bus Vannin. More waste/good idea?

Dirty Buggane

Keep seeing brand new mini buses with smoked windows and bus vannin in small writing, Is this the dial and ride trial. If so how much has this cost 6 mini buses at approx £25,000 or is this just the tip off the costs. They do not look like they can be just added to fleet as no place for routes or bus numbers

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Keep seeing brand new mini buses with smoked windows and bus vannin in small writing, Is this the dial and ride trial. If so how much has this cost 6 mini buses at approx £25,000 or is this just the tip off the costs. They do not look like they can be just added to fleet as no place for routes or bus numbers

Special needs transport etc I think your seeing,  I bet they are a lot more than £25,000 though!

Has anyone been in one of those Bus Vannin mini buses? The drivers have a comfortable seat which maneuvers as they move so that they don't feel it when going over bumpy terrain. The problem is that their passengers have no such seating. I've been on them a couple of times and both times it was a violent rollercoaster ride from hell because the drivers were going at full speed along bumpy roads, totally oblivious to the bumps. I feel sorry for elderly or disabled people who have to travel on them regularly.

1 minute ago, Ragnarök said:

Has anyone been in one of those Bus Vannin mini buses? The drivers have a comfortable seat which maneuvers as they move so that they don't feel it when going over bumpy terrain. The problem is that their passengers have no such seating. I've been on them a couple of times and both times it was a violent rollercoaster ride from hell because the drivers were going at full speed along bumpy roads, totally oblivious to the bumps. I feel sorry for elderly or disabled people who have to travel on them regularly.

If walking is better, then there you go. ..................Going at full speed over the bumps ...:lol:

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Oh yes Dial and Ride. Putting self employed, tax paying, private sector taxi drivers on the dole by using taxpayers money to provide services which undercut them to provide loss making quasi taxi services. Another great win for the bloated Manx super state. 

8 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

There has been a recent FOI request on the Mercedes deal HERE

Yes I had seen that before. That Dept is the FOI Stasi, very few of the requests seem to result in any meaningful outputs. Which suggests they’re up to their neck in ass covering. The fact remains who gave them the mandate to use taxpayers money to undercut tax paying private taxi operators who are subsidizing this loss making pick up services via their taxes? 

55 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Oh yes Dial and Ride. Putting self employed, tax paying, private sector taxi drivers on the dole by using taxpayers money to provide services which undercut them to provide loss making quasi taxi services. Another great win for the bloated Manx super state. 

:lol: Must have read that wrong. I thought you said tax paying taxi drivers :o

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I did, as they are. They are contributing to the economy via taxes. Why should their tax money (and other people’s) be used to set up loss making mini bus services that sink taxpayers money, add to bloated state running costs, and attempt to put tax paying private sector workers out of jobs? 

11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I did, as they are. They are contributing to the economy via taxes. Why should their tax money (and other people’s) be used to set up loss making mini bus services that sink taxpayers money, add to bloated state running costs, and attempt to put tax paying private sector workers out of jobs? 

Of course they will be declaring all their earnings...:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:
16 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I was joking about the tax (cough).;)

I am with you on this "Dial & Ride" thing though, as it is mental to even think about such a scheme.

Maybe it hasn't been fully explained yet.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I am with you on this "Dial & Ride" thing though, as it is mental to even think about such a scheme.

It’s operating already isn’t it? Amazing that to keep public sector workers employed we now have to try to steal jobs off self employed tax paying people and tax paying private sector taxi businesses trying to make money in a failing economy. 

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Dial a ride isn't a taxi service, it's a way to justify slashing bus services and replacing them with fewer buses when they're needed (needed means as infrequently as can be justified). Uber it ain't.

It's probably more likely to generate business for taxi drivers.

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:
8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It’s operating already isn’t it? Amazing that to keep public sector workers employed we now have to try to steal jobs off self employed tax paying people and tax paying private sector taxi businesses trying to make money in a failing economy. 

If is already in operation, then I am amazed. I have always been a supporter of Longworth, but this is a turning point if true.

Archived