Bus Vannin. More waste/good idea?

Dirty Buggane

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

IOMG could entirely outsource the whole Cos Registry to a bigger IOM CSP

Sorry sultan, In my experience the CSP industry is rotten to the core, I wouldn't give it the shit off my shoe.

Increase company tax to 10% and send them all packing. The CSP industry is the sole cause of the pressure from moneyval/EU/Paradise papers etc. Get shut, and if there's an exodus, stand at the pierhead and wave them off.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Sorry sultan, In my experience the CSP industry is rotten to the core, I wouldn't give it the shit off my shoe.

Increase company tax to 10% and send them all packing. The CSP industry is the sole cause of the pressure from moneyval/EU/Paradise papers etc. Get shut, and if there's an exodus, stand at the pierhead and wave them off.

Excellent suggestion. Just what happens to all the workers and their families?

31 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Excellent suggestion. Just what happens to all the workers and their families?

There's a rapid exodus; firstly, property prices crash, some are unsellable; the fall in population promptly removes one of the justifications for a couple of thousand more Govt jobs; more exodus/crash; economy rapidly shrinks to its "natural" level, albeit very painfully?

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There's a rapid exodus; firstly, property prices crash, some are unsellable; the fall in population promptly removes one of the justifications for a couple of thousand more Govt jobs; more exodus/crash; economy rapidly shrinks to its "natural" level, albeit very painfully?

This is already happening, albeit not rapidly.

4 hours ago, piebaps said:

So where are you going to conjure up several thousand jobs to replace all those lost when that happens then? Oh, sorry you won’t we’ll just be even more in the shit than we are already. And of course the VAT raked in off all the international trading companies ran through CSPs here who book their transactions through the IOM. To suggest they’re all dodgy when they aren’t is just naive to be honest. MoneyVal know fuck all about anything anyway and it’s about time our government stopped bending over backwards to accomodate poor initiatives like Moneyval that are really pursuing a political agenda on behalf of the really big onshore Governments around the world who facilitate 1000 times more money laundering and financial crime than we do. It’s always nice to have smaller scapegoats that can be blamed for all the crime you’re facilitating in your own country though isn’t it? 

There are good and bad across all industries on the IOM. Personally I think e-gaming is morally dubious and causes a wall of pain for a lot of people around the world. I wouldn’t be asking for the e-gaming companies to be shut down though as again we couldn’t take the hit job wise. At the end of the day the Island produces next to nothing, manufactures next to nothing, grows next to nothing, has next to no tourists, has shit weather, and has next to no infrastructure of any significance, has poor public services, no shops, over priced poor quality housing, and has little at all to attract anyone here in the first place. That’s the reality. It’s only been zero ten that has brought people here and it will probably be worse after Brexit when some of the VAT benefits will go too. 

16 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

So where are you going to conjure up several thousand jobs to replace all those lost when that happens then? Oh, sorry you won’t we’ll just be even more in the shit than we are already. Plus of course you have the role some CSPs have played in incubating businesses which then have a more physical presence here as has happened with more than one e-gaming company that has gone from being a managed entity of a CSP to a directly employing entity. And of course the VAT raked in off all the international trading companies ran through CSPs here who book their transactions through the IOM. To suggest they’re all dodgy when they aren’t is just naive to be honest. MoneyVal know fuck all about anything anyway and it’s about time our government stopped bending over backwards to accomodate poor initiatives like Moneyval that are really pursuing a political agenda on behalf of the really big abusive Governments around the world who facilitate 1000 times more money laundering and financial crime than we do. It’s always nice to have smaller scapegoats that can be blamed for all the crime you’re facilitating in your own country. 

There are good and bad in all industries on the IOM. Personally I think e-gaming is morally dubious and causes a wall of pain for a lot of people around the world and if I was MoneyVal I’d be more concerned about that than our fast shrinking CSP sector which is largely compliant and compliant at a higher level than any equivalent business in London or New York. I wouldn’t be asking for the e-gaming companies to be shut down though as again we couldn’t take the hit job wise. At the end of the day the Island produces next to nothing, manufactures next to nothing, grows next to nothing, has next to no tourists, has shit weather, and has next to no infrastructure of any significance, poor public services, and has little at all to attract anyone here at all. That’s the reality. It’s only been zero ten that has brought people here and it will probably be worse after Brexit when some of the VAT benefits will go too. 

My guess is Piebaps couldn't make the cut in the CSP industry therefore bitterness has crept in...:whistling:

All these "clever" people with their suggestions that the CSP industry should jog on but nothing on what will replace it or as you say, what will happen to the thousands of people employed in this industry. Wish they would engage brain before mouth.

Just now, Neil Down said:

My guess is Piebaps couldn't make the cut in the CSP industry therefore bitterness has crept in...:whistling:

All these "clever" people with their suggestions that the CSP industry should jog on but nothing on what will replace it or as you say, what will happen to the thousands of people employed in this industry. Wish they would engage brain before mouth.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but to me it has to be one based in reality. I dont like the e-gaming industry but I wouldn’t be calling for it to be shut down as I know what the impact on peoples lives and our tax take would be. I also know that not every business in the CSP sector is dodgy either. Nobody is suggesting how we are going to replace these thousands of jobs either outside of even more over employment in the public sector that cannot be supported by tax receipts. 

There is the intention for the RTLC to reopen this application in January although I for one have formally complained to high authority in Government firstly about the conflict of interest situation (RTLC Chairman is Travelwatch Chairman) and secondly about the manner in which the first meeting was held and the contempt shown against the objectors. I'm waiting patiently to see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Bazza Smurf said:

There is the intention for the RTLC to reopen this application in January although I for one have formally complained to high authority in Government firstly about the conflict of interest situation (RTLC Chairman is Travelwatch Chairman) and secondly about the manner in which the first meeting was held and the contempt shown against the objectors. I'm waiting patiently to see what happens. 

Good on you Bazza, you’ve had a bit of a good run recently. Good luck. 

Just one of them Sultan. We have been treated with contempt. What's happened is simply not right. I cannot see or agree that they can simply restart the meeting after what has happened at the last. None of the issues have been addressed. All faith in the island will be lost for me if the RTLC simply continue on this meeting like nothing has happened. 

23 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Just one of them Sultan. We have been treated with contempt. What's happened is simply not right. I cannot see or agree that they can simply restart the meeting after what has happened at the last. None of the issues have been addressed. All faith in the island will be lost for me if the RTLC simply continue on this meeting like nothing has happened. 

It's taken until now for you to lose all faith?

21 hours ago, finlo said:

It's taken until now for you to lose all faith?

I've not lost all faith yet. If the Government allow this application meeting to go ahead with Brendan O'Friel as Chairman and without addressing the farce that arose at the last one, then I will. Gotta keep trying. Giving up is not an option. 

24 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

I've not lost all faith yet. If the Government allow this application meeting to go ahead with Brendan O'Friel as Chairman and without addressing the farce that arose at the last one, then I will. Gotta keep trying. Giving up is not an option. 

I lost faith years ago, they will try to keep the gravy train running at any cost too the rest of us.

22 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Does not make something wrong just because a few taxi drivers don't like it.

I've been in the trade and I think the taxi businesses have done a bit more than ok for many years, so I doubt you will get much support from the public.

I also think you have massively misunderstood what Bus Vannin are trying to do. 

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Does not make something wrong just because a few taxi drivers don't like it.

I've been in the trade and I think the taxi businesses have done a bit more than ok for many years, so I doubt you will get much support from the public.

I also think you have massively misunderstood what Bus Vannin are trying to do. 

At a guess,  if nobody rings up from Andreas/Bride etc then there is an excuse to drop scheduled services to Andreas/Bride etc?

Archived