The Bee Gees Are Manx!

TheDruid-3X3

18 minutes ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Oh Right.  He said something about them being Tossers or something.   They seemed to carry on with the Interview for a time up to the time that Clive was going on about the time when they Broke Up for a while due to certain Egos and that was when Barry suddenly stalked off.  Perhaps Barry did not like him going on about them being Broken Up that much.

:rolleyes:for the third time......

On 18/01/2018 at 11:37 AM, woody2 said:

les tossers....

"You'll always be tossers to me."

finished his career......

it was in all the papers at the time.....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Oh Right.  He said something about them being Tossers or something.   They seemed to carry on with the Interview for a time up to the time that Clive was going on about the time when they Broke Up for a while due to certain Egos and that was when Barry suddenly stalked off.  Perhaps Barry did not like him going on about them being Broken Up that much.

No. They called themselves Les Tosseurs at one time. Had it on their dressing room door at a concert where the other artists had demanded outrageous riders.

It didn’t sink Anderson, his talk show continued to 2001. He continues to present stop the week on Radio 4. He’s good at that. I don’t think he was a good talk show host, but then I think Norton and Ross are talentless and crap.

Anderson did try and take the proverbial. Public School boy humour. It gets up interviewees  noses. Too clever for his own good on TV, but as a follow on from Ned Sherrin on Stop the Week on Radio he has just the right skills for upper class sardonic presentation.

Druid, please stop posting here, showing yourself up. It’s fascinating, like watching a train crash, but ultimately the fascination is ghoulish.

Text of Barry’s interview with Bernie Quayle of Manx Radio.

you need to remember that before they settled on Bee Gees they had considered calling themselves Les Tosseurs.

“You know, we called ourselves Les Tosseurs, you know, 'cause we put it on the Brit Awards - when we were doing the Brit Awards in London at the Earl's Court. We had dressing room things, and Elton [John] wanted a garden with his so we said, "What's going on?" They were building all afternoon with it while we were rehearsing. And then they built a whole garden with a fountain and everything for Elton and he said, "I was only joking."

Anyway, we put on our door "Les Tosseurs As Seen On Father Ted." Just as a joke, you know, on our dressing room door. So everyone was going around saying, "Who could do that to the Bee Gees dressing room? Who put that on our door?" And everyone was getting real mad because they thought someone was taking the piss on this. And Barry said, "No, we did it." And they went, "Oh! It's very funny, isn't it?" You know? But everyone was looking around for the [bleep] who put that on our door. But that's what it's all about. It's fun. And we thought Clive was gonna be like that.”

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. They called themselves Les Tosseurs at one time. Had it on their dressing room door at a concert where the other artists had demanded outrageous riders.

It didn’t sink Anderson, his talk show continued to 2001. He continues to present stop the week on Radio 4. He’s good at that. I don’t think he was a good talk show host, but then I think Norton and Ross are talentless and crap.

Anderson did try and take the proverbial. Public School boy humour. It gets up interviewees  noses. Too clever for his own good on TV, but as a follow on from Ned Sherrin on Stop the Week on Radio he has just the right skills for upper class sardonic presentation.

Druid, please stop posting here, showing yourself up. It’s fascinating, like watching a train crash, but ultimately the fascination is ghoulish.

one of your lot isn't he.......

47 minutes ago, woody2 said:
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I think you need to be more specific, if you don't want to be offensive ( any more than usual )

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

Yes, both male. Don’t think he’s gay, definitely not a Manx Advocate, I didn’t go to boarding school ( actually Harrow Secondary with  Michael Portill ) or oxbridge. I’m no comedian, not presented TV or Radio shows.

But, unlike Woody2 I can admit mistakes. It’s Loose Ends, not stop the week. Mea Culpa.

1 hour ago, woody2 said:
23 hours ago, John Wright said:

Michael Portill

who's that?

We know you are used to "dot to dot" and "paint by numbers", so surely even you can work that out.

You aren't making JW look silly, just yourself.

25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

We know you are used to "dot to dot" and "paint by numbers", so surely even you can work that out.

You aren't making JW look silly, just yourself.

Thanks for the support dilli. I can make myself look silly all on my own. No need for help from woody. 

Archived