The Bee Gees Are Manx!

TheDruid-3X3

Fastyr Mie to All:

I was watching the following YouTube about how the Bee Gees walked off of some Blokes Interview Program and it was mentioned that they were all Born on our IoM:

I did not find anything the Bloke said as being Offensive so I am at a loss why they Walked Off.  

But upon picking up mention that they were Born on IoM, I looked up their Wikipedia Listing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_Gees

In it, it says:

"Born on the Isle of Man to English parents, the Gibb brothers lived in Chorlton, Manchester, England, until the late 1950s."

So the Bee Gees have a Manx Connection!   Have they ever played on our IoM?

3X3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rodders said:

"There are no plans for the Bee-Gees to perform on the Island any time soon" -L.Skelly MHK :cool:*

*Totally made up.

Only Barry can perform in IoM along with his Wife and Children but all of his Brothers are now Passed On.  So the Original Bee Gees Group can not Perform there again.

Did they ever Perform on IoM when they were Big?

3X3

20 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Only Barry can perform in IoM along with his Wife and Children but all of his Brothers are now Passed On.  So the Original Bee Gees Group can not Perform there again.

Did they ever Perform on IoM when they were Big?

3X3

You know, as long as you keep posting "gems" like that, I will never, ever consider myself stupid. 

Where does this stuff come from ? Is this why Monty Python took the piss out of lumberjacks ?

( as for performing. Not even when they were small and Christmas trees were tall )

14 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Here is Clive Anderson's Wikipedia Listing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Anderson

I have watched the YouTube of him and the Bee Gees and I can not work out what he said that put off Barry so much.

3X3

On 18/01/2018 at 11:37 AM, woody2 said:

les tossers....

"You'll always be tossers to me."

finished his career......

:whistling:

23 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Here is Clive Anderson's Wikipedia Listing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Anderson

I have watched the YouTube of him and the Bee Gees and I can not work out what he said that put off Barry so much.

3X3

Listen to what is said,(jokingly or not) at 5 mins 50 secs in the youtube video,:)

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Listen to what is said,(jokingly or not) at 5 mins 50 secs in the youtube video,:)

Oh Right.  He said something about them being Tossers or something.   They seemed to carry on with the Interview for a time up to the time that Clive was going on about the time when they Broke Up for a while due to certain Egos and that was when Barry suddenly stalked off.  Perhaps Barry did not like him going on about them being Broken Up that much.

Archived