F1 2018

woody2

Among the ideas were:

• making the start time of European races an hour later in the hope of attracting a bigger audience - so a typical start would be 2pm in the UK, rather than 1pm
  • races to start at 10-past the hour rather than on it
  • Bahrain to become a full night race rather than start at twilight
  • improved engine sound from repositioned on-board microphones
  • make the cars look faster with different camera angles and static cameras
  • playing a soundtrack of music at occasional parts of the race
  • a highlights reel to play at regular intervals during the live broadcast
  • a potential deal with Netflix for behind-the-scenes footage

:rolleyes: sounds great.....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's the news I have been waiting for. Starts at 10 past the hour. That top of the hour start killed it for me.  I hate seeing TV advertisers inconvenienced.

Maybe they should do what Indy Car is doing for 2018 and significantly reduce aerodynamic downforce?  Put the emphasis back on tyres gripping racetrack, maybe let the cars kick out a bit?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the American owners will slowly dumb down the whole thing to gain a more passive audience. F1 has been up its own backside for decades but the sport at least had a bit of class. It's been slowly slipping the way of Barnum and Bailey's circus for a few years now,

..........afraid I still favour saloon car racing, especially old V8s, v engines are just so cool to hear, (except the old Ford V4, what a load of.....)..............Shame I've only got a V6 on a straight through system, sounds okay but not as good as my old Pontiac.............:(

...........no good I'm afraid, must be old style Yankee V8s................wonder if electric cars will have the facility to emit V8 sounds from a speaker?........you used to be able to get a little add on to the radio that emitted a V8 sound that was appropriate to the revs............had one on a Renault 4 but it wasn't the same somehow.........lol

6 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

...........no good I'm afraid, must be old style Yankee V8s................wonder if electric cars will have the facility to emit V8 sounds from a speaker?........you used to be able to get a little add on to the radio that emitted a V8 sound that was appropriate to the revs............had one on a Renault 4 but it wasn't the same somehow.........lol

Archived