Port Soderick paddling pool being brought back to life

gettafa

Well done the folk who did this over the weekend.

There's a bit on Facebook Nostalgia page and probably elsewhere about it.

260211352_PortSodEric02.jpg.3f60102942a8dd2d4858a05f4e5466f6.jpg

Here's a Google Earth for comparison and how it has been for? 25 years or more?

,1193191029_PortSoderickGoogleEarth01.jpg.672ed54cd34420cccec8fdbdffddc395.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

what gates?

Wait for the bloody big gates to be erected near the car park (check the planning application...), and then there's the restricted access.  Will be just like Buchenwald!

16 minutes ago, Doitonce said:

Wait for the bloody big gates to be erected near the car park (check the planning application...), and then there's the restricted access.  Will be just like Buchenwald!

Did you just compare Port Soderick to a concentration camp you demented fuckwit.

33 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Did you just compare Port Soderick to a concentration camp you demented fuckwit.

Wait and see, Neil - you will see exactly what I am referring to in time (even if you don't like the reference I have made).

In a visible sense, that is exactly what it will appear like unfortunately.  Lots of metal, and 'directed' foot traffic with zero movement outside of what is permitted/barricaded.

If you are offended by the wording used, then I will apologise for this, but I will say that there is no other visible comparison that I can come up with - if you can find me something that paints a similar visual representation, by all means make a suggestion and I will happily edit the above. 

9 minutes ago, Doitonce said:

Wait and see, Neil - you will see exactly what I am referring to in time (even if you don't like the reference I have made).

In a visible sense, that is exactly what it will appear like unfortunately.  Lots of metal, and 'directed' foot traffic with zero movement outside of what is permitted/barricaded.

If you are offended by the wording used, then I will apologise for this, but I will say that there is no other visible comparison that I can come up with - if you can find me something that paints a similar visual representation, by all means make a suggestion and I will happily edit the above. 

If you had any sort of education, you could have come up with any number of options other than a Nazi concentration camp.

Archived