Malian Spiderman Hero...

La Colombe

Just because a CRIMINAL rescued a child is absolutely no reason to grant him citizenship to anywhere that he has absolutely no right to be In the first place.

In any case this smacks of a put up job.

20 minutes ago, Rog said:

Just because a CRIMINAL rescued a child is absolutely no reason to grant him citizenship to anywhere that he has absolutely no right to be In the first place.

In any case this smacks of a put up job.

You really can be a wanker, all too often.

32 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I don't really understand how there was a guy right next to the child on the same level but he didn't do anything to grab the kid while spuderman scaled upwards.

The other guy seems to be on the other side of the balcony division. And, especially in public housing, those things are deliberately difficult to climb around.

If that had been me - I think I would have been nervous that trying to climb over the edge and around the balcony division would have risked knocking the child off. Or you grab one arm and drop it.

26 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You really can be a wanker, all too often.

But "Albert", he is described as being "undocumented" which makes him an illegal immigrant and that makes him a criminal from the get-go.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

The other guy seems to be on the other side of the balcony division. And, especially in public housing, those things are deliberately difficult to climb around.

If that had been me - I think I would have been nervous that trying to climb over the edge and around the balcony division would have risked knocking the child off. Or you grab one arm and drop it.

There's not many people that could stand that close to a child hanging off a balcony and not at least try to reach out to help it while holding onto the partition. Certainly seems easier than climbing 4 storeys to do it. I think this story has some mileage yet.

It’s a heart warming good news story showing how people can put all other thoughts aside and rush to help someone in desperate need. 

Good for him. That should be recognised and praised. 

... but what do we get... typical MF cynicism. Shame. 

18 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Either way, that guy is wasting his talents as a firefighter, he could make much more money by becoming an apartment burglar.

I thought that. And if that is a key skill that these immigrants have we'll need to keep our upstairs windows locked.

19 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Either way, that guy is wasting his talents as a firefighter, he could make much more money by becoming an apartment burglar.

He may well already be, as an illegal he can't be in any legal tax paying employment.

Archived