Private medical care terminated at Noble's!

Max Power

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Totally mental. How can it produce ‘savings’ when the DHSC banks a huge amount of money from health insurers for recharging the costs of those facilities? I honestly can’t believe how utterly stupid this move is when sometimes the only way to get treated at all is to pay to go private. Plus NHS waiting lists will skyrocket. 

This Island is fucked with this sort of doomed thinking. 

Difficult to understand how this is a saving measure ! As someone, who for my wife, (reluctantly! due to length of waiting list) has just paid to see a consultant privately, and then paid for a minor procedure at Nobles, we were invoiced for every single item of time and equipment that was used at Nobles by the DHSS, and they charge like a wounded Rhino !!! ( quite correctly I hasten to add before I get flamed). My point is there is no way this loses them money and it was in the consultants own time after hours ! There has to be more to this than meets the eye !

19 minutes ago, asitis said:

Difficult to understand how this is a saving measure ! As someone, who for my wife, (reluctantly! due to length of waiting list) has just paid to see a consultant privately, and then paid for a minor procedure at Nobles, we were invoiced for every single item of time and equipment that was used at Nobles by the DHSS, and they charge like a wounded Rhino !!! ( quite correctly I hasten to add before I get flamed). My point is there is no way this loses them money and it was in the consultants own time after hours ! There has to be more to this than meets the eye !

Maybe it's to encourage them to do some actual NHS work?

Should have been done years ago

PPU should be a totally seperate unit and maybe that is what they are looking at

Refurb it and let a third party run it as a stand alone business

I would hazard a guess that the finances have been looked at and they don’t work in our favour

19 minutes ago, asitis said:

Correct there is no way on earth that they can be losing money and if they are it’s in their gift to re-write contracts so they aren’t. They charge for every scan, X-ray, bandage and plaster as well as the bed and facilities. This is another case of some utterly retarded civil servant making utterly stupid and vindictive changes out of desperation to ‘save’ money as they have no fucking clue how to manage anything profitably. So now all private patients go to the UK who will benefit from having all charges recharged to your health insurer instead of Nobles. This is just an attack on the consultants earnings and nothing else. Who on earth would live here now? Massive waiting lists and now no option to go private unless you go the UK and pay yourself to go there? People will die waiting to be treated and the pressure on the NHS will increase (which will cost them more to support) as a result of people not being able to access local private treatment. Doomed logic, totally and utterly doomed in every respect. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Correct there is no way on earth that they can be losing money and if they are it’s in their gift to re-write contracts so they aren’t. They charge for every scan, X-ray, bandage and plaster as well as the bed and facilities. This is another case of some utterly retarded civil servant making utterly stupid and vindictive changes out of desperation to ‘save’ money as they have no fucking clue how to manage anything So now all private patients go to the UK who will benefit from having all charges recharged to your health insurer instead of Nobles. This is just an attack in the consultants and nothing else. Who on earth would live here now? Massive waiting lists and now no option but to go private unless you go the UK? People will literally die waiting to be treated and the pressure on the NHS will increase (which will cost them more to support) as a result of people not bein*abke to get private treatment. Doomed logic, totally and utterly doomed in every respect. 

It should be business minded people running it, and not a minister, or civil servants, who don`t have a clue.

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

Maybe it's to encourage them to do some actual NHS work?

Or "encourage" them to leave?

If you'd just potentially had your lucrative income (or part thereof) stopped...would you or anybody else stay if you were fortunate enough to have the option?

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Or "encourage" them to leave?

If you'd just potentially had your lucrative income (or part thereof) stopped...would you or anybody else stay if you were fortunate enough to have the option?

Maybe, I think collectively we're barking up the right tree.

Archived