I'm planning to run for MHK for Peel

BornAndRaised

21 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Thanks! 

I feel like an MHK's interests should lie with the people - just so I have some grounding, what do you guys think can be improved about the island? 

Read “Why We Get the Wrong Politicians” by Isobel Hardman. (Published by Atlantic £18.99). Although it’s about the Westminster model it’s still a great read from the local perspective. Also, consider giving the cesspool that is Tynwald a swerve and devote some of your time to charity/the third sector and actually do some good rather than the Keys model of  simply saying you will and then not. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2018 at 8:31 PM, BornAndRaised said:

Thanks! 

I feel like an MHK's interests should lie with the people - just so I have some grounding, what do you guys think can be improved about the island? 

Love. There’s not enough love. Not enough love in Peel. Not enough love on the island, and not enough love in the world. I would recommend love being the focus of any campaign. Use this image, that everyone recognises as a symbol of true love, in any literature that you distribute to the people of Peel, and you have my vote.

6B61ED82-D227-42AB-945A-8D6F7D82703C.thumb.jpeg.b32e7b847ddbb8af3c6a1fc5913613ac.jpeg

If you are for real, B&R, let’s ask you some questions, you will soon find out what the voters want.  BTW it might be as well not to use a pseudonym. It’s a better way of getting known.

OK: my first question, how will Brexit affect the island and how could you help protect fishing stocks in Manx waters?

28 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Under no circumstances attempt to answer questions like that if you want to get in. Stick with mr sasusages is my advice. And religion. Don't forget the religion.

what about nurturing the grannies... for the love of god, don't forget the grannies

Get some grey hair. Even if your hair isn't naturally grey, get someone to dye it for you. There's a large blue rinse vote on the island and being a nice chap with lovely grey hair will get you far at polling time.

Archived