IOM Examiner Subscribe to on-line

LightBulb

I subscribe. It’s cheaper than buying. We don’t get a paper delivery here ( apart from the Courier ). I can access wherever I am. I read quickly. I can’t be bothered with MMTV, I get bored. It’s too slow. Added to which the standard of fawning journalism is worse even than IoM Newspapers. 

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Depends what you want to read, and why.

Well, if you want to read 90% of what's in the IOM Examiner, you could just subscribe to the Isle of Man Government's press releases free of charge and read them a week earlier.

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Do they cover the dogging in Foxdale and other important items. ?

Some of their arts, motoring and travel is the best in British journalism. 

I read the manx papers for Manx news, Guardian and Observer for truth, and FT as required. Also New Law Journal and Solicitors Gazette, professionally.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:
19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I read the manx papers for Manx news, Guardian and Observer for truth, and FT as required. Also New Law Journal and Solicitors Gazette, professionally.

Totally agree with that.

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We do have a government which is very interested in motoring and travel promotion and a large part of the public "arts" are incestuously funded with state grants to relatives and friends of people in the right places in government.

4 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

We do have a government which is very interested in motoring and travel promotion and a large part of the public "arts" are incestuously funded with state grants to relatives and friends of people in the right places in government.

Bitter, twisted and wrong

43 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Bitter, twisted and wrong

There does appear to he an element of truth there. Especially the arts grants. I love it when someone on the committee declares an interests. It's a virtual guarantee their friend is going to receive a cheque.

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Only if the share value is on the rise.

Archived