Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Support this also. You see the Stephen Christian lads out there in all weathers working. It's the DOI wallahs that seem to be the issue. 

If the work has been sub-contracted out to Stephen Christian, would you see any DoI staff out there?

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Yes, plenty. Holding clipboards, pointing fingers, generally looking officious, and taking great efforts not to get their boots or hi-viz dirty. 

Ah, them ones...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

If the work has been sub-contracted out to Stephen Christian, would you see any DoI staff out there?

You wouldn't need them would you . DOI are superfluous to requirements and are just delaying and complicating the job . Oh in time costing the tax payers loads . Imbeciles!!  

5 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I look forward to when the full extra cost of this scheme becomes public knowledge! 

Your optimistic aren't you !! Will we ever hear ? It has to  be costing much more already as the extras to Tram lines alone will account to big money . I've heard that 66% of contigency fund is gone already so not looking hopeful to being anywhere close to budget .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Your optimistic aren't you !! Will we ever hear ? It has to  be costing much more already as the extras to Tram lines alone will account to big money . I've heard that 66% of contingency fund is gone already so not looking hopeful to being anywhere close to budget .

It'll come out in the wash eventually. It always does. Even if it's years later like the MEA loans debacle. 

As you say the contingency fund is apparently pretty much gone, the massive time overrun won't see workers working for free, so that's going to cost too. 

I noticed as well it looks like some of the cracks have progressed/joined up and it looks like the road is starting to break up?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

It'll come out in the wash eventually. It always does. Even if it's years later like the MEA loans debacle. 

As you say the contingency fund is apparently pretty much gone, the massive time overrun won't see workers working for free, so that's going to cost too. 

I noticed as well it looks like some of the cracks have progressed/joined up and it looks like the road is starting to break up?

Hahahahaa I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping a eye on all this. Yes I'm sure they will ,they have to tbh as once water gets in no way back as it freezes then starts to break it up. 372 cracks minimum over just 350meters only . Its going to have  to be done again I'm sure . Clearly they won't want to  do it anytime soon and risk the wrath of the public but thinking they won't have that option . Who pays ?? 

Edited by Numbnuts

22 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Even if it does come out nothing will be done about it! No problem, we'll learn from it, move along there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I'm looking forward to the day the sack the feckin whole department

So the whole department are useless and need sacking according to you. I take it you know everyone in the department personally and know their competence levels and consiencousness, you also know everything about highway engineering and special events? You truly are awesome, we, here on MF are in the presence of greatness, we are not worthy oh great one.