Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Burt

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Is that not pretty much what happens when police and firemen retire?

Is it true that the Chief Fire Officer is still in post having also taken his retirement dues? Genuine question.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, finlo said:

Is that not pretty much what happens when police and firemen retire?

It should not be, but I don't have the info on that. If someone takes MARS, they cant work in gov for two years, is how it seems to me.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Is it true that the Chief Fire Officer is still in post having also taken his retirement dues? Genuine question.

I fucking hope not. Although having rescued 20 cats from being trapped in trees must be hard on the body and mind.

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It should not be, but I don't have the info on that. If someone takes MARS, they cant work in gov for two years, is how it seems to me.

Ok omit the mars bit, but I stand by the rest of it!

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Ok omit the mars bit, but I stand by the rest of it!

Never understood why the fire service here get so much money and such a fantastic pension. In the UK they get much less for about 10 times the work.

17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I fucking hope not. Although having rescued 20 cats from being trapped in trees must be hard on the body and mind.

If that's the Kevin Broom chap there was something on MR about it earlier in the week?

Just been reading through 3FM news online. An article covers the increasing number of people that DOI are evicting from DOI (formerly DOLGE) properties for arrears of rent. 22 cases last year.

Ironically, the article directly below covers the 20 odd £100,000 payoffs for Govt mandarins.....

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Just been reading through 3FM news online. An article covers the increasing number of people that DOI are evicting from DOI (formerly DOLGE) properties for arrears of rent. 22 cases last year.

Ironically, the article directly below covers the 20 odd £100,000 payoffs for Govt mandarins.....

No connection at all.

What's your point ?

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

No connection at all.

What's your point ?

I think he's highlighting the point that some poor sod gets evicted for owing a couple of hundred quid while simultaneously sending people off with wheelbarrows full of cash!

Just now, dilligaf said:

No connection at all.

What's your point ?

Disappointed that you can't see the correlation/irony Dilli.

Govt increasingly (on the numbers quoted) happy to take proceedings for arrears of rent PERHAPS from people who are finding it increasingly difficult to pay/keep up (and personally I don't doubt that some are).

Whilst also continuingly happy to shovel obscene retirement sums at its own?

3 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Dilligaf seems to have short circuited today. You are correct. I’ve also stated the terms they (Fire) have here are the same as the legacy terms in the UK. He has said that is wrong as well without offering any information to back up his empty claims. 

You stated the case and I don't believe you. 

Prove me wrong then.

3 minutes ago, MrPB said:

The UK and IOM Fire Service legacy pension terms are the same. Don’t start that game. You disputed the facts I posted so you explain why I was wrong. I’m sick of some of the mouthy idiots on here talking crap if you dispute what I said you prove what you said. 

So you as a newish poster are sick of people posting crap ? Do your homework re pay, conditions and pensions, then get back on your soapbox.

44 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I don’t need to do any research as I know the situation that applies. It’s only you arguing against what I said without providing any facts to back up your claims. No point in fighting with anonymous wallies. Might as well go to bed. These forums really are becoming a complete waste of people’s time. It’s just idiots arguing for the sake of arguing. 

So post up appropriate links to back up your claim like you should have done an hour ago rather than kick off a pissing contest.

As I have posted before I have no problems with the island having a CC and a CFO with appropriate deputies and so forth but I belivev their payscale should reflect their level of responsibility. Because no way do they ever earn what they are receiving....

Archived