Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Burt

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the article is correct (yes, I know) then Ashford has trotted out the exact same stock phrases for both resignations, just in a slightly different order.

There's nothing like the personal touch - and that's nothing like the personal touch.

12 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

If the article is correct (yes, I know) then Ashford has trotted out the exact same stock phrases for both resignations, just in a slightly different order.

There's nothing like the personal touch - and that's nothing like the personal touch.

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Hmmm. Wonder if Dr Couch will now return to Treasury where he was much-lauded prior to being parachuted in to DHSC as a cure for all ills?

ETA. News release last thing on a Bank Holiday weekend Friday. A "good day to bury bad news"?

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Hmmm. Wonder if Dr Couch will now return to Treasury where he was much-lauded prior to being parachuted in to DHSC as a cure for all ills?

ETA. News release last thing on a Bank Holiday weekend Friday. A "good day to bury bad news"?

Is Dr Couch entitled to a permanent job at mega bucks salary, as he supposed to have 2 brains? He has resigned for a reason, so must now stay out the civil service or Manx Politics. He can however, if he feels and wants to defend his record, stand for election in any village pump election. 

35 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Tbf the Minister may not know. Could have been prepared by the office junior being timed for Friday pm and seemingly no embargo as all news agencies are clearly caught out

Anything's possible, I suppose. Certainly, someone somewhere's got no imagination.

Health and Social Care Minister David Ashford MHK said: ‘I thank Malcolm for the dedication and enormous hard work that he has given to the DHSC, and wish him well for the future. I would also like to thank him for the help and support he has provided to me personally during my 15 months as Minister.’

Michaela Morris joined the newly-merged department in September 2014. Mr Ashford said: ’I would like to thank her for her dedication, all the help and support she has provided to me personally during my time as Minister and the enormous hard work she has given to the DHSC. I wish Michaela well for the future.’

Dr Couch was moved to DHSC in 2015, even if the report absolutely crucifies DHSC would his four years there have been enough to try and turn things around if problems were deep rooted and entrenched enough?

Ashford has only been in post a matter of months too of course.

Archived