Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Burt

26 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Surely the exit packages would have been sorted out for a week or two and this would have been planned for today by the Minister and his “PR” people? 

Doubt it. 'exit package' will be standard, clearly not else the Minister would be prepared as would the press.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Dr Couch was moved to DHSC in 2015, even if the report absolutely crucifies DHSC would his four years there have been enough to try and turn things around if problems were deep rooted and entrenched enough?

Ashford has only been in post a matter of months too of course.

Nick Black could be parachuted in :shuriken:

36 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Nick Black could be parachuted in :shuriken:

No way, he'll be way too busy shoveling pink tarmac in a desperate effort to make the Prom passable and presentable, for TT Week!

These situations are so difficult, and as gagging orders are probably in place, we plebs can never know the truth.

Scenario 1 -

Boy Vampire: Malcolm, you aren't up to it and you have to go.

Scenario 2 -

Malcolm: Boy Vampire, you aren't up to it and I have to go.

Could be either!

1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

I wonder if Mrs. Morris's resignation was a copy and paste from Dr. Couch's resignation letter?!

The Minister’s “thank you” letters were!

2 hours ago, MrPB said:

Surely the exit packages would have been sorted out for a week or two and this would have been planned for today by the Minister and his “PR” people? 

What “exit package”...they’ve resigned, not retired. There is no exit package.

18 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

What “exit package”...they’ve resigned, not retired. There is no exit package.

Just a long shot ................ MARS! 

Ive got the feeling that at least one of the two will make a return back to the civil service or the public payroll.

20 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Its my understanding that there is nearly always an exit package agreed via a confidential compromise agreement to avoid anyone going a bit rogue after the event and taking people to tribunals etc. I wondered whether the OP knew whether there was one of not. That was all. Just because the press release says they have resigned it does not necessarily mean that they have, in fact, resigned. 

Wow - potential conspiracy. Perhaps Beecroft ask “Is there an exit package?”

5 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I don’t want to create conspiracies but I’d say that’s normal practice for high profile leavers/exits (you never usually know which it is). There would be a thick confidentiality agreement though if that was the case so I doubt if it was true either party could disclose anything anyway so a question would likely be pointless. Onchan still don’t know what their clerk did or didn’t get and that’s over a year ago now. 

If a Tynwald member asked Ashford “Did Mr. Couch leave with an exit package that is covered by a non-disclosure agreement” I accept absolutely that the nature of the package/terms of the agreement would not be disclosed, but surely Ashford would have to answer “yes” or “no” to the question as worded above. He couldn’t just shrug his shoulders and keep schtum.

1 minute ago, MrPB said:

That might be worth someone asking. Sometimes you can’t even disclose that an agreement was reached. I’d say from experience though that where more than one person go at the same time - there’s a high likelihood that an agreement been reached as a lid is being put on something that requires mutual protection. This is pure speculation though on my behalf. 

Your comments are interesting though. The CEO departing would be high profile enough but both post holders choosing to resign on the same day multiplies the matter somewhat. Political probing seems likely. 

Archived