Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Burt

7 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The DHSC needs a rock star CEO. Someone with the medical credibility, intelligence, capacity and charisma to take the staff with them.

Needs an open communications programme so highly educated staff actually feel they are being listened to & involved in decision making

Could probably start with the Minster downwards

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Well no doubt his entire blog next week will be devoted to trying to worm his way out of that one. I’d be betting on some pretty implausible explanations for his behaviour at the time being offered and a huge amount of gaslighting to point the blame at anyone and everyone but himself. As you say all he had to do was sign the letter and Couch would have been gone well over a year ago. But he chose not to do that in favour of publicly embarrassing Kate Beecroft to score political points and keeping Couch in post. A work of real literary fiction will be coming in next weeks blog methinks. 

Callister will include in his blog

hid in toilet for a week with nervous diarrhoea. 

Beacroft will be laughing, she got Scott out of the hospital and wanted Couch out,  but no one listened. Now she will cackle like a hyena on Tuesday.  

The only people glad the hatchet is swinging will be the staff, in the hope they get stronger leadership instead of carrying a bunch of idiots on their back. 

9 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

They need to get rid of the old guard, who is left from the old guard now at Nobles. Get shut and treat the virus. 

Most if not all of what you call the old guard we’re locals with decades of experience and skills who knew how an island hospital should be run. They were forced out by the influx of rejects from hospitals across, who then installed their mates and former colleagues because they knew better than the locals.:o

That did not work and they soon found out that all the practices they binned, actually worked, but they could not admit it, so blundered on  binning locals and fudging their way through every event, whether tragic or financially fatal until they were found out.

Such a waste of experience and talent, by idiots clutching at the last straw to prop up a failed career.

I don’t like Beecroft, but she is just one of the many people treated badly by these people who are now jumping ship.

3 now in just a few weeks and when a few reports are published, I imagine 2or3 more will jump.

Has to be a good sign that things will improve

I still believe that Ashford should also go.

I like the guy, but he is far too naive to be in this role. FCS he stood up for the idiots when they were shown up for what they are/ were

13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Most if not all of what you call the old guard we’re locals with decades of experience and skills who knew how an island hospital should be run. They were forced out by the influx of rejects from hospitals across, who then installed their mates and former colleagues because they knew better than the locals.:o

That did not work and they soon found out that all the practices they binned, actually worked, but they could not admit it, so blundered on  binning locals and fudging their way through every event, whether tragic or financially fatal until they were found out.

Such a waste of experience and talent, by idiots clutching at the last straw to prop up a failed career.

I don’t like Beecroft, but she is just one of the many people treated badly by these people who are now jumping ship.

3 now in just a few weeks and when a few reports are published, I imagine 2or3 more will jump.

Has to be a good sign that things will improve

I still believe that Ashford should also go.

I like the guy, but he is far too naive to be in this role. FCS he stood up for the idiots when they were shown up for what they are/ were

Ashcroft will do fine, he just needs to get off the fence, no one wants to see weak management getting a handshake for taking easy way out.   Now time to get all the weak management who have been in senior positions for last 10 years and have been moved sideways, up or down to hide their weakness.  Time for those who have suffered at the hands of  head nodder  to speak up and be heard and be part of problem solving instead of the old guard who just moved problems around.  

3 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Ashcroft will do fine, he just needs to get off the fence, no one wants to see weak management getting a handshake for taking easy way out.   Now time to get all the weak management who have been in senior positions for last 10 years and have been moved sideways, up or down to hide their weakness.  Time for those who have suffered at the hands of  head nodded to speak up and be heard and be part of problem solving instead of the old guard who just moved problems around. 

It is a mine field I agree, but a lot of talent and experience has been lost due to ignorant blaggers.

it is the “ new guard” not the old that is the problem. I wish I was allowed to say more, but I am not able to do so for several reasons.

There must be a few who could take this further who have no worries about reprisals?

5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Will the report that seems to be frightening everybody tackle management issues as well as medical?

Based on the tone of the interim report in January - yes...and governance...and structure.

Just now, Donald Trumps said:

I can remember hospitals when they had professional matrons running them & very few administrators

New Nobles has more people walking about than most of our high streets

When I 

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

weak management getting a handshake for taking easy way out

Dilli - didn’t your wife get a six figure handshake for taking the easy way out of the Nobles management suite? 

Archived