Dr Malcolm Couch resigns from DHSC

Burt

Reported on news today that sacked UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson will receive a severance package of over £18k.

It's not unusual at those levels. And IoM Govt has an outstanding record of generosity at pay off time....?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Just a long shot ................ MARS! 

Ive got the feeling that at least one of the two will make a return back to the civil service or the public payroll.

Wasn’t/isn’t MARS a redundancy programme? If so, it wouldn’t apply. The word used is “resigned” and if the posts have been deemed redundant then they couldn’t be re-filled...which seems pretty unlikely. Unless of course the Michaels report is so dramatic that it’s proposing the complete dissolution of DHSC...and hence no need for a CEO and deputy.

30 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I don’t want to create conspiracies but I’d say that’s normal practice for high profile leavers/exits (you never usually know which it is). There would be a thick confidentiality agreement though if that was the case so I doubt if it was true either party could disclose anything anyway so a question would likely be pointless. Onchan still don’t know what their clerk did or didn’t get and that’s over a year ago now. 

i'll tell you what the onchan clerk got,   a fucking big one up and fuck you to the cretins that tried to fuck him over. at the rate payers expense of course.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Reported on news today that sacked UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson will receive a severance package of over £18k.

It's not unusual at those levels. And IoM Govt has an outstanding record of generosity at pay off time....?

£18k. a manual worker would get more than that.

Even if you meant £180K, that would still fall way short of what these two would get.

28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

£18k. a manual worker would get more than that.

Even if you meant £180K, that would still fall way short of what these two would get.

Precisely what I was meaning Dilli :flowers:

3 hours ago, MrPB said:

Its my understanding that there is nearly always an exit package agreed via a confidential compromise agreement to avoid anyone going a bit rogue after the event and taking people to tribunals etc. I wondered whether the OP knew whether there was one of not. That was all. Just because the press release says they have resigned it does not necessarily mean that they have, in fact, resigned. 

Nope, just relaying the news. 

I believe the Michaels report makes some strong recommendations with regard to the governance of the health service, preventing it from setting policy and standards and then being responsible for achieving those standards which it has set for itself. It would mean the setting up of a regulatory body separate to the DHSS. This may have had some bearing on matters? 

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I believe the Michaels report makes some strong recommendations with regard to the governance of the health service, preventing it from setting policy and standards and then being responsible for achieving those standards which it has set for itself. It would mean the setting up of a regulatory body separate to the DHSS. This may have had some bearing on matters? 

You could apply those recommendations across any number of Govt Depts. The only policing, questioning or even constructive criticism takes place in Tynwald and is quickly brushed off by the relevant Dept's glove puppets.

Which is why we are where we are.

14 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

You could apply those recommendations across any number of Govt Depts. The only policing, questioning or even constructive criticism takes place in Tynwald and is quickly brushed off by the relevant Dept's glove puppets.

Which is why we are where we are.

Why we are where we are...

generally we live in a good society,  good health service, good education,  safe streets.  

Sure, there are issues but on the whole things are good. 

A cynic might suggest that this is our government of control freaks not wanting to answer questions on a major news story or clarify things - a press release at 5 to 5 on the Friday of a Bank Holiday weekend!

Ah well. We are where we are. It is what it is. Lessons will be learned, moving forward.

how hard can it be to get a decent civil servant, decent management and decent MHK.

two hospitals (and alot of its patients use the in house travel agent)

one social care department

its not rocket science.

it should be this hard to run a world class service.

incompetent MHK, incompetent management, incompetent CM

and they should fix the clinical staff shortages

Archived