B&Q Poor Service

Last Ten

Overpriced, second-rate tat. All of it. From long experience.

Go to your local builder's merchant, electrical outlet or hardware shop instead. Or online.

18 hours ago, dilligaf said:

We have shopped at B&Q since it opened and have never had "bad service".

We have sometimes bought crap, but when returned, there has never, ever been a problem.

We were there this afternoon and it was not busy (5 ish) and there were three empty tills, but the staff were there ready to serve with a smile.

I don't believe some of these people knocking the staff, as I don't think I can ever remember being served by anyone who was less than pleasant.

I think you may find that items not priced may well be items picked up and looked at by customers who were not too bothered where they replaced the items, so misleading the next person.

I would give B&Q 5/5 for their customer service.

Dilli, I didn't say anything about the staff! I think the individual floor staff are helpful and kind...........The store itself is exactly as I described it...........it's very sad that the staff have to take the flack for the stores shortcomings.

28 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Dilli, I didn't say anything about the staff! I think the individual floor staff are helpful and kind...........The store itself is exactly as I described it...........it's very sad that the staff have to take the flack for the stores shortcomings.

Doc; I did not refer to your posted comments, more the one before mine and some other. :flowers:

I did try explaining to one of the members of staff up there that the self serve thing she insisted I used was only there to one day do her out of a job and that I'd rather use the real till with a person on it. She said no it won't  they still have to help people on the self serve till. At this point I gave up, realising quite rightly that the place is staffed with complete fuckwits.

I absolutely hate those self service tills, what a con!.....However my daughter who is now a bona-fide born again metropolitan 'modern' thinker believes that they are the bee's knees and all retail functions should be self service....dooooh !

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

The staff are the shop front window for B&Q, I agree they are good people but this is a B&Q managerial problem at the moment, the store is a bit manic, the staff are run off their feet and the building is very tired and the checkout system at present with the self service being roped off is abysmal.  They either step up their game or face the ultimate demise.

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I absolutely hate those self service tills, what a con!.....However my daughter who is now a bona-fide born again metropolitan 'modern' thinker believes that they are the bee's knees and all retail functions should be self service....dooooh !

My daughter is the same doc.

We have to face the truth, in that we are getting on a bit and logic is different to what it used to be.

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Then when there are no staff in the stores, people will complain about the lack of human touch. Can’t win can you...

21 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I still think that cost and customer service are the prime essentials of a business. It's sad that corporate business only seems to see maximum profits as the prime mover.

I will never use the self check outs, unless my daughter is with us.

I am sure they are very handy to some when they have a few items and the queues are long at the normal tills, but how often do you see the lights illuminated on the self checkouts because somebody has fucked up? In the time it takes a staff member to rectify 5he problem, 3 or 4 people could have been served manually

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I will never use the self check outs, unless my daughter is with us.

I am sure they are very handy to some when they have a few items and the queues are long at the normal tills, but how often do you see the lights illuminated on the self checkouts because somebody has fucked up? In the time it takes a staff member to rectify 5he problem, 3 or 4 people could have been served manually

You should give them a try - once you’re used to them they’re fine. 

Top tip - a water melon has a removable bar code and weighs about the same as a bottle of champagne :devil:

Archived