B&Q Poor Service

Last Ten

Went to B&Q today for a couple of things, no prices on both the items I was buying so had to ask a staff member.

Went to the checkout and joined the queue, poor check out bloke had to keep raidioing someone for prices of some items for the 3 peeps in front of me, no one was available so my queuing time (and others) was about 15 mins and to make things worse there were only 2 checkouts open and the self service area was all roped off out of use!

There was a right angry looking lady who I presume was a supervisor, I would have normally said something to her but she scared the shit out of me with her looks so I avoided her :unsure:

FFS B&Q get your shit together, it was always better than that.

B&Q's IT is a disaster, I believe the new CEO is working on this as a matter of very high priority.

Did you know that the Q in B&Q was a Manxman David Quayle?

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I think its got worse over the last few months. Wonder if they are trying to direct customers towards Screwfix even though I thought they were part of the same group.

All I can say in defence of B&Q is that their Penryn (Falmouth) store is excellent.

B&Q is not long for this world.

It's Ebay for the clueless DIY shopper.

Poor quality, poor stock handling and control, staff who cannot park straight, and some who cannot give a hoot. (not all, some there go out there way to defend a shite system and shit e quality).

I foolishly went to screwfix for some coat hooks the other day, no better, same stock and quality.

We have shopped at B&Q since it opened and have never had "bad service".

We have sometimes bought crap, but when returned, there has never, ever been a problem.

We were there this afternoon and it was not busy (5 ish) and there were three empty tills, but the staff were there ready to serve with a smile.

I don't believe some of these people knocking the staff, as I don't think I can ever remember being served by anyone who was less than pleasant.

I think you may find that items not priced may well be items picked up and looked at by customers who were not too bothered where they replaced the items, so misleading the next person.

I would give B&Q 5/5 for their customer service.

I'm not one to complain about poor customer service. I know how demanding and how depressing a customer service role can be. I'm very laid back with the staff of any shop or customer service department as I just know how it is and what it's like for them. I've been to many stores -- not just here but in the UK -- that are renowned for poor customer service and yet I personally found their customer service to be brilliant. But I'll make an exception in the case of the Isle of Man's B&Q and say they really have the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

EDIT TO ADD DISCLAIMER: THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE OVERALL IS VERY GOOD. IT IS JUST THE CHECK-OUT AREA THAT IS IN NEED OF CHANGE AND IT MAY NOT BE THE STAFF THEMSELVES BUT THE OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT OF IT.

6 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I'm not one to complain about poor customer service. I know how demanding and how depressing a customer service role can be. I'm very laid back with the staff of any shop or customer service department as I just know how it is and what it's like for them. I've been to many stores -- not just here but in the UK -- that are renowned for poor customer service and yet I personally found their customer service to be brilliant. But I'll make an exception in the case of the Isle of Man's B&Q and say they really have the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

You are only pissed off because they told you that "Danish Blue" was a rose, not a magazine.

No, the "shop" staff are great. To be clear, I've found many of their staff to be extremely good over the years. I'll retract my original post (which I have now edited with a disclaimer): it's not the store as a whole but just the operational layout and management of their check-out department which is in serious need of adjustment.

Archived