9 hours ago, ErnieAllcock said:

Has anyone got any recommendations for advocates for conveyancing for a house sale.

The best price quote i've had so far is £995 plus vat but i just wondered if anyone knew of anywhere cheaper.

Thanks.

https://www.quinnlegal.im/legal-team/conveyancer-isle-of-man-neil-quilliam/

I believe he was trained up by John Wright and certainly worked in JW's firm some years ago. Prices I  don't know. I had a few academic discussions with Neil many years ago about the subject of conveyancing...Bit of a racket really conveyancing but like wills I would never attempt my own which you can if there is no mortgage finance involved...

• 3 months later...

Hi Ernie, on the isle of man, it's just ridiculous, it's from £1500 up i've found. Could you please tell me with which company you have found that quote of yours ? As i'm looking for something affordable as well. Thanks .

Agreed, I can vouch for Neil @ Quinn Legal.  

Wasn't mega cheap, but got the job done relatively painlessly for me and it wasn't exactly a straightforward process due to the seller at the top of the chain encountering some issues and delaying things for everyone. 

To be honest though, you should never seek out the cheapest quote for anything.  You'll get exactly what you pay for. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...