Paul Craine alleged "climate expert"

SJR

Can somebody please tell me how this ludicrous self seeker can possibly be in a position to influence the Islands response to what was once a new Global Ice Age then the hole in the Ozone Layer then global warming and now "Climate Change." (As if the climate has not always been changing).The ex Geography teacher and now sometime reviser and marker of exam papers (that's an A# for those of you who follow my every claim and an E if you decide that my "science"  is not for you) has been on a Course don't you know.Flown by jet to see Al Gore (whose climate claims were as pitiful as his political career)  for a three day course and he is now officially an expert.Give the half-wit the RED CARD..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He actually claims to be an expert on population and we can all see that there are many more people living here.I am going to be radical but there have to be at least 2000 illegals living here as anyone can jump on the Ferry.There are probably another many thousand temporary workers living here.The population figures are based on who registers for a Doctor.Indoctrinated Liberal nomarks like himself cannot see the bigger picture.

4 minutes ago, SJR said:

He actually claims to be an expert on population and we can all see that there are many more people living here.I am going to be radical but there have to be at least 2000 illegals living here as anyone can jump on the Ferry.There are probably another many thousand temporary workers living here.The population figures are based on who registers for a Doctor.Indoctrinated Liberal nomarks like himself cannot see the bigger picture.

And who can be bothered to fill in a census form honestly. I don’t doubt a word you say on this.

I should have gone to his parade in Laxey tonite..I just hope someone called him out for the absolute self seeking complete guesser  that he is.Laxey river has always flooded.Not helped by the massive forestation over the years and the complete absence of any attempt to clear any fallen logs from the area.Look at pictures from Laxey from a hundred years ago.No trees .Now check out the massive number of new houses with concrete drives in the hills above..That rain would have been soaked up and now flows behind the houses.Any flood defence would be a waste of money.

8 minutes ago, SJR said:

Laxey river has always flooded.Not helped by the massive forestation over the years and the complete absence of any attempt to clear any fallen logs from the area.Look at pictures from Laxey from a hundred years ago.No trees .Now check out the massive number of new houses with concrete drives in the hills above..That rain would have been soaked up and now flows behind the houses.Any flood defence would be a waste of money.

Actually forestation is one of those things that soaks up water, though housebuilding is indeed a problem - especially when no care is taken as to where run-off water goes.  One problem with Laxey was not keeping the rivers clear of all debris, but that's because they decided to get rid of the manual workers as Manx civil servants were too important to supervise such lowly work.

Part of the problem with Laxey may be the Victorians however.  I read somewhere that the drainage in the uplands around  (which was the catchment area that delivered the floodwaters in October) had been organised to deliver water into the Laxey Valley so as to feed the waterwheels for the mines.

When the branches drop off and collect in the river they are a menace.You are quite correct though that the valley was designed for water to flow through fast.However in those days there were few houses and no trees.Still flooded though..

10 minutes ago, SJR said:

When the branches drop off and collect in the river they are a menace.You are quite correct though that the valley was designed for water to flow through fast.However in those days there were few houses and no trees.Still flooded though..

Pretty sure that nature designed the valley and people used what resources that enabled.

4 hours ago, SJR said:

"Illegal" would imply that the government didn't let them in deliberately/bring them here.

5 hours ago, SJR said:

Can somebody please tell me how this ludicrous self seeker can possibly be in a position to influence the Islands response to what was once a new Global Ice Age then the hole in the Ozone Layer then global warming and now "Climate Change." (As if the climate has not always been changing).The ex Geography teacher and now sometime reviser and marker of exam papers (that's an A# for those of you who follow my every claim and an E if you decide that my "science"  is not for you) has been on a Course don't you know.Flown by jet to see Al Gore (whose climate claims were as pitiful as his political career)  for a three day course and he is now officially an expert.Give the half-wit the RED CARD..

On a similar note more kids skiving tommorow - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/iom-student-climate-network-to-strike-for-7th-time-in-8-months/

- Can someone tell them that natural gas is actually pretty clean and has been extracted from just across the water off Morcambe for decades with little problem.

He is really nasty and spiteful towards the CM on James's site we can all have a go when we disagree with policy but his comments are below contempt, didn't he stand for election last time.   Nothing like a sad loser, bitterness is horrid and only serves to screw up the one who issues the viterol.   One nasty man.

Archived