Refugees from another Society

SJR

On 12/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, the stinking enigma said:

I dont understand the thinking that you must personally be willing to take refugees in yourself or your view is invalid. 

Exactly. It’s the same wrongheadedness as when criticism of MHKs results in the riposte “Well why don’t you stand yourself then?’

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, jaybs said:

What work could they do once settled?

Repairing AK47s.

(I realize that comment is grotesque and borderline offensive but each Christmas I like to have a theme and this year it’s ‘Baseless and thoroughly bad taste comments’).

On 12/7/2019 at 3:38 PM, hissingsid said:

Now some Labour peer whose appearance is a cross between a toad and a dead frog is having a go at us for not taking migrants or refugees in, I wonder how many he has staying at his house ?

I.e. looks like Soros.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf_Dubs,_Baron_Dubs

" In 2016, Lord Dubs sponsored an amendment to the Immigration Act 2016 to offer unaccompanied refugee children safe passage to Britain amidst the European migrant crisis. Originally rejected by the House of Commons, the amendment was accepted by the government following a second vote in favour by the Lords - however in February 2017, the Home Office abandoned the scheme after accepting only 350 of the planned 3,000 child refugees."

" Dubs lists his main home as a cottage in the Lake District in Cumbria, which enabled him to claim over £26,000 of overnight subsistence expenses in 2007/2008 although he has lived in Notting Hill, west London, since 1964. In May 2009, he argued in justification that Lords regard the overnight allowance as a payment in lieu of salary. "We are the only legislators in the world that don’t get paid," he said. "The overnight thing is quite generous because it compensates for not having a salary. In practice that’s how it works."

Archived