Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Rog

No mention of the proposal of their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex proposing to change their status with our Royal family.

What with BREXIT now well on target and changes within our ruling family the knock on effect on the island could add further difficulty in determining the future for the island, it is a British protectorate after all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Rog said:

No mention of the proposal of their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex proposing to change their status with our Royal family.

What with BREXIT now well on target and changes within our ruling family the knock on effect on the island could add further difficulty in determining the future for the island, it is a British protectorate after all.

It's a Crown Dependency, not the same thing.

Just how you think two spoilt brats relocating across the pond will have any effect on a small rock is beyond me.

Get a grip.

13 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Just how you think two spoilt brats relocating across the pond will have any effect on a small rock is beyond me.

Get a grip.

Well it's a REALLY big deal and has no end of possible knock on effects.

But that apart it's a hugely important thing that's taking place and surely should not be ignored by the island population.

It strikes me that the extent of independence that the island has from HMG is being greatly overestimated.

30 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Get a grip.

Hardly "spoilt brats"

17 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Of the list of locations that they could relocate to (other than the unemployed line as far as I am concerned), the IOM won't even qualify for the maybe pile.

Move on, total non-news story.

It's a hugely important international matter though.

Since Her Majesty is the legal guardian of the child of their Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex it has the potential to make for an interesting aspect of what is now taking place.  It would also explain why her royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex has not allowed her child to return to Britain out of fear that her Majesty might invoke her right and keep their child here.

13 minutes ago, Rog said:

Since Her Majesty is the legal guardian of the child of their Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex it has the potential to make for an interesting aspect of what is now taking place.  It would also explain why her royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex has not allowed her child to return to Britain out of fear that her Majesty might invoke her right and keep their child here.

You don't half talk some utter tripe.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

He is on about the Queen kidnapping her grandkid you goon...

No I'm not.  I'm simply stating that Her Majesty has the right to take control of the future of the child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. If HM our Queen were to state that the child should remain in the UK then the child would have to remain in the UK.

It is the law in the UK.

7 minutes ago, Rog said:

No I'm not.  I'm simply stating that Her Majesty has the right to take control of the future of the child of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. If HM our Queen were to state that the child should remain in the UK then the child would have to remain in the UK.

It is the law in the UK.

Don't argue with an idiot Rog, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Archived