'Closed Road' Driver - Cleared

On The Bus

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BallaDoc said:

It's an extraordinary result, and I'm going to make a note of the name of his lawyer in case I ever need to use him.

Not sure it's extraordinary or anything like that. It's just that he is the first person to actually challenge the charges laid out by the TT mob...

I notice the Facebook posts from the Constabulary Media page have been disappeared since the event... 

7 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Not sure it's extraordinary or anything like that. It's just that he is the first person to actually challenge the charges laid out by the TT mob...

I notice the Facebook posts from the Constabulary Media page have been disappeared since the event... 

Maybe it would be safer for everyone if your hyphenated friend got “ on the bus” too. Just saying.

1 hour ago, On The Bus said:

The emphasis is on the oraganisers to ensure that appropriate (and required) signage is in place. Did the car ram the barriers and signage out of the way? 

To claim the marshals weren't supported is a bit removed from reality - was this case not taken to court? Unless you are perhaps suggesting something untoward has happened with this verdict? 

It's possibly a good job they're no longer allowed to use their 'discretion' - making decisions that (as amateur) they are not trained to do.

Well, he must have stopped so that he could abuse the Marshals (Previously reported but not mentioned here) so he was obviously aware of the road closure. He said he mistook the time they closed thinking it was 6.20pm.

If the Marshals are doing as they are asked, it is only natural to support them, not twist the verdict to suit other agendas!

Deputy High Bailiff Louise Byrne found Mr Bromley-Martin had a reasonable excuse to be on the road and had not wilfully disobeyed marshals’ instructions.

I'm sure lots of people have had a reasonable excuse and committed less serious breaches of the road closure act.

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If the Marshals are doing as they are asked, it is only natural to support them, not twist the verdict to suit other agendas!

Max are you prepared to go on record and confirm that you are seriously accusing the Deputy High Bailiff of some how twisting/skewing a legal verdict? 

That would be a very, very serious accusation. 

it's understandable that you're upset as your side lost, but quite another to be accusing the legal system of being up to something like that. 

2 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Max are you prepared to go on record and confirm that you are seriously accusing the Deputy High Bailiff of some how twisting/skewing a legal verdict? 

That would be a very, very serious accusation. 

it's understandable that you're upset as your side lost, but quite another to be accusing the legal system of being up to something like that. 

It's not a question of 'sides', I think there have been some very heavy handed punishments handed out in the past, but a question of consistency. Was he on the road, yes, did he ignore the marshalls instructions, yes, both offences which others would have had the book thrown at them for! Not to mention abusing the marshals who were doing exactly as they were told to do!

I'm not upset at all, it makes no difference to me!

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

It's not a question of 'sides', I think there have been some very heavy handed punishments handed out in the past, but a question of consistency. Was he on the road, yes, did he ignore the marshalls instructions, yes, both offences which others would have had the book thrown at them for! Not to mention abusing the marshals who were doing exactly as they were told to do!

I'm not upset at all, it makes no difference to me!

Max you didn't answer my question.  Are you accusing the Deputy High Bailiff of some how twisting/skewing a legal verdict? 

If the road was 'closed' then the appropriate signage would have been in place. Did he ram raid the barriers or something? 

What part of the Road Racing Act did he break by (in your words) 'abusing the marshals'? Disagreeing with them isn't abusing them.  If the road wasn't closed then they have no special powers. 

Archived