'Closed Road' Driver - Cleared

On The Bus

I always thought driving on closed roads was what used to be (and possibly still is) referred to as an 'absolute offence' . The road legally closes at a particular time and the car drove on to the road after that specified time,  if the answer is yes then the offence is complete. Whether barriers were in place and/or people were or were not waving flags is just mitigation.

For example Mr Dilligaf lives in a mansion house which he accesses through electronic gates that enter on to the course. He has not long returned home from a month abroad in the Galapagos islands and has totally forgotten the TT is on. 2 minutes or 20 minutes after the roads legally close he then drives out of his gates intending to visit Maccy D's, there are no barriers or marshals to be seen in either direction of his drive. The fact he has no idea the road is closed isnt really relevant, offence is complete he drove on a closed road. Excuses and reasons are purely mitigation .

John will probably politely tell me (very politely) I'm a bit dense but thats how I've always seen it.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Isle of Man Judiciary is an absolute disgrace at present and doesn't seem accountable to anyone, I wonder if it needs a root and branch overhaul?   I would love to know the thoughts of our Chief Constable on this disgraceful ruling, so much Police, Courts and TT Marshalls time totally ignored.  

1 minute ago, Last Ten said:

The Isle of Man Judiciary is an absolute disgrace at present and doesn't seem accountable to anyone, I wonder if it needs a root and branch overhaul?   I would love to know the thoughts of our Chief Constable on this disgraceful ruling, so much Police, Courts and TT Marshalls time totally ignored.  

Yes let’s never let legal process get in the way of screwing someone that 60% of Ramsey thinks is a twat. 

There must be more to this than the bare bones we are reading about for this decision to be made.   There are irritable marshalls on FB saying they will never Marshall again.   Thing is there are more and more pick up marshalls being used with little if any training and this leads to a less safe environment for the races to be held in, it is ok to say that newcomer marshalls will be placed with experienced ones but the ratio is important especially if there is an incident.

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

There must be more to this than the bare bones we are reading about for this decision to be made.   There are irritable marshalls on FB saying they will never Marshall again.   Thing is there are more and more pick up marshalls being used with little if any training and this leads to a less safe environment for the races to be held in, it is ok to say that newcomer marshalls will be placed with experienced ones but the ratio is important especially if there is an incident.

Yet being tried by your peers in a court of law suggests ................ there was no case to answer. 

26 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The marshals need to get over themselves. 

They're a bunch of glorified amateurs that get all high and mighty in their Hi-Viz.

There is a case to be answered here and that is why this was ever pursued at great cost to the taxpayer. 

As I've said before, hopefully he has strong case for damages. Being arrested at his own home in front of his family and neighbours must have been humiliating! 

This post from Faceache would appear to answer a few of the points. 

So it appears a case of being caught on a public road and not observing their 'standard procedure'. 

Some may claim making it up as they go along... but we know that's not how marshalls are the TT operate. 

Screenshot_20200227-222411_Facebook.jpg

So a “closed road” isn’t always a closed road depending upon who is on it. Quite clear now. What a farce. 
How the hell can you have a “straggler” still on  Closed Roads 10 or even 15 mins after legally closing it ?

This guy is just lucky that CoC has admitted being useless

1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

Simply because this chap had the money to pay legal expenses to defend the mob justice that gets handed out every TT/MGP?

The marshal mob were all convinced of his guilt the second they read about the "incident" on Facebook... like some kind of weird incestuous Wicker Man plot!

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

So a “closed road” isn’t always a closed road depending upon who is on it. Quite clear now. What a farce. 
How the hell can you have a “straggler” still on  Closed Roads 10 or even 15 mins after legally closing it ?

This guy is just lucky that CoC has admitted being useless

As I said. Some would say they make it up as they go along.

3 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

As I said. Some would say they make it up as they go along.

After myself and many others saying the rules and the law are so strict, these clowns admit to bending them and absolutely incredibly, admitting to it in a court of law.

I don’t like this guy, but it seams they have let him off the hook by their lax behavior. If I was riding or marshaling now, I would be very concerned. 
This following on from that other great escape, the bikes being sent back the wrong way by somebody with no authority to do so

( When I say escape, that was apart from one unfortunate rider)

Archived