Bug of the day - hantavirus.

Rog

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

PANIC............... ROG................... MORE HOARDING................... MORE DETTOL........................

No, just a heads up.

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

No, just a bit of news.  In view of the unknown origin of the current plague it's probably worth keeping anything a bit unusual emerging from that neck of the woods. After all, by reading the runes when covid-19 first emerged enabled us to stock up very effectively before the widespread bulk and then panic buying even started.

I clearly recall trying to give a heads up about risks you guys faced due to the supply chain and the island being on the end of it even more than we are and all I got was criticism.

This time I very much doubt if the prospect of hantavirus proving to be the same threat as covid-19, for one thing a vaccine already exists, and unless there has been a marked mutation allowing it to breach the species barrier it's hardly likely to become the next pandemic --- but it's probably worth watching.  That's all.

53 minutes ago, Rog said:

No, just a bit of news.  In view of the unknown origin of the current plague it's probably worth keeping anything a bit unusual emerging from that neck of the woods. After all, by reading the runes when covid-19 first emerged enabled us to stock up very effectively before the widespread bulk and then panic buying even started.

I clearly recall trying to give a heads up about risks you guys faced due to the supply chain and the island being on the end of it even more than we are and all I got was criticism.

This time I very much doubt if the prospect of hantavirus proving to be the same threat as covid-19, for one thing a vaccine already exists, and unless there has been a marked mutation allowing it to breach the species barrier it's hardly likely to become the next pandemic --- but it's probably worth watching.  That's all.

You must be creaming yourself at the moment...

9 hours ago, Neil Down said:

You must be creaming yourself at the moment...

Not creaming, messing. 

Keep in mind that I am in the very high risk group because of my age, general health, and the immunosuppressant and other medication that I have to take. 

10 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Almost no transmission from human to human.

More deaths being caused by 10 Downing St. and the White House that little ratty and his chums.

I agree that human to human transmission is still not been seen, I mentioned that, but these bloody things mutate.

10 minutes ago, Rog said:

I agree that human to human transmission is still not been seen, I mentioned that, but these bloody things mutate.

NEW DAY PANIC....... KEEP HOARDING....... MORE DETTOL...... KEEP SPREADING FAKE NEWS.... WATCH OUT FOR SHIFTY FOREIGNERS..... PANIC

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

NEW DAY PANIC....... KEEP HOARDING....... MORE DETTOL...... KEEP SPREADING FAKE NEWS.... WATCH OUT FOR SHIFTY FOREIGNERS..... PANIC

Normal behaviour for Norfolk?

Archived