Manxforums university challenge challenge

the stinking enigma

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, John Wright said:

Even the monkey got more than that, and the chances of 0/15 happening randomly is very very small

16 hours ago, wrighty said:

P(0/15)=0.0023

I like how you assume my 0 was made up based on the statistical probability and not based on common sense.  

2 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I like how you assume my 0 was made up based on the statistical probability and not based on common sense.  

I assumed nothing. In fact, you could argue that you deliberately got 0 thereby demonstrating superior knowledge, as to do so by chance is highly unlikely. 

Far more likely that you’re just posting rubbish, as usual. 

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

I assumed nothing. In fact, you could argue that you deliberately got 0 thereby demonstrating superior knowledge, as to do so by chance is highly unlikely. 

Far more likely that you’re just posting rubbish, as usual. 

Maybe, like me, he could do the challenge again and get a different score. :whistling:

23 hours ago, John Wright said:

He’d be hard pushed to get a negative score, but I’m sure he’d try.

At medical school MCQs were negatively marked - you'd lose 1/(n-1) marks for a wrong answer, where n is the number of options.  Aim being that the chimp would indeed score zero, so getting less than zero (in this quiz's case -7.5) would be possible.

22 hours ago, wrighty said:

At medical school MCQs were negatively marked - you'd lose 1/(n-1) marks for a wrong answer, where n is the number of options.  Aim being that the chimp would indeed score zero, so getting less than zero (in this quiz's case -7.5) would be possible.

Better to be a champ among chimps than to chomp among chumps.

2 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Better to be a champ among chimps than to chomp among chumps.

although in your case, It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Archived