How to get more TV channels?

FDR

I haven't switched on a TV in well over a decade, but my brother wants to know if there's any way for him to get more channels on his TV without installing an outdoor aerial? He has a Sony Bravia which is a couple of years old. I suggested maybe purchasing a Manhattan freeview box as a way to obtain more channels but I'm not sure if that would help. I don't think he has internet or could afford it so streaming services like Netflix are not an option. 

Please could anybody suggest anything? 

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having recently acquired an old sky box for free (they're frequently at the tip) so I could get Pick and Quest for the football you get a lot more channels through that than on freeview. My TV picks up basic freeview channels, I have a youview box (also from the tip) that gets a few more, but the skybox gets the most.

15 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I tried to donate you a satellite receiver a couple of years ago TJ. Do you want it again now?

I have no recollection of this. What is a satellite receiver, if I may ask? Is that an outdoor aerial? He doesn't want anything that would involve any sort of outdoor installation. If it is some internal device, then, yes, please, I would be happy to call to collect, or provide my address? Thanks.

1 minute ago, FDR said:

I have no recollection of this. What is a satellite receiver, if I may ask? Is that an outdoor aerial? He doesn't want anything that would involve any sort of outdoor installation. If it is some internal device, then, yes, please, I would be happy to call to collect, or provide my address? Thanks.

He/you will need a dish outside - useless without one. 

5 minutes ago, wrighty said:

He/you will need a dish outside - useless without one. 

This won't work then. Thank you for the offer. If it was me personally then I'd gratefully accept your offer, but he doesn't want any kind of outside installation done and,  as I said, he's mental...........

Archived