Robin Cook

marcus

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my view, but I feel that the recent loss of Ted Heath - and now Robin Cook - has robbed parliament of two of it's most individual and outspoken members. Even those who disagreed with their views will surely agree that they were men of principle and personal vision - rarities in today's political forum. RIP.

Robin Cool was nothing more than a self important self serving arrogant little creep.

His behaviour following the ultimatum from Campbell when his long standing affair with his secretary as she was when he walked away from his wife was nothing short of disgusting but absolutely typical of him and his kind.

His political gamesmanship at the outset of the Iraq war was so transparent as to be unbelievable by all except those who didn’t want to see what he was up to and my guess is that his last mission from The Grinning Ninny as his price to be allowed to return to the fold which saw him arselickiing around various moslem colonies in UK with the intent of representing a moslem voice in cabinet thankfully has hit the rocks with his timely and from my perspective at least, unlamented death.

His utterly inappropriate actions as Foreign Secretary reached an all time low for a British Cabinet minister during his visit to Israel in 1998.

The man was totally unfitted to hold government office or for that matter to even be in parliament.

The only thing that I would add is that it is a shame on the human level for anyone to die at such a relatively young age and I do feel sympathy for his immediate family facing a tragic loss in their lives..

Rog. even in death you can't pull the positives from a persons character. :angry:

What difference does him being dead make?

He was a self important self serving arrogant little creep in life, him having died dosen't change that one iota.

Rog. even in death you can't pull the positives from a persons character. :angry:

He was a self important self serving arrogant little creep in life, him having died dosen't change that one iota.

The very fact, that in death you can't defend yourself.

Cheap shots Rog....just like your comments when the pope died, and more recently when the forum were voicing their concerns regarding loved ones/friends who were in London during the recent bombings.

As much as this sticks in my craw....Rog does finish his original post on a humane note against the loss of the guys life and the impact on his family. Given that the only reason must of us would have known about him is as a result of his actions as a poltician then those actions would be open to comment.

Much the same as we would be free to berate Ted Heath

Viewed from the outside.

From someone who knew him better than most - and had no reason to sing his praises - an inside view:

Robin Cook's former wife, Margaret, was among the first to pay tribute after his death, describing him as an intellectual heavyweight and a man of political integrity who still had "so much to offer".

Dr Cook, who was married to Mr Cook for 28 years before they split in the late 1990s, and has two adult sons by her former husband, said that one of his best attributes was that he was an "exemplary father" who was "very close" to his children.

Describing the impact his decision to resign from government had, she continued: "His whole life had been geared to getting into government and he was giving it up in a truly moral stand which was typical of him." (Source - Independent)

A supporter of the evil Thatcher creature probably wouldn't understand what a 'moral stand' is, however.

I admired Robin Cook particularly for his stand re the Iraq war. I read his resignation speech on the BBC website again yesterday and have to say much of what he said holds true now.

I am very sorry that Rog cannot allow someone's passing to be marked with the positives they brought during their lifetime, but preferred to pour in his bigotted vitriol!

Archived