Ramsey

Me too...the only doorstep visit I've had was from Hooper, nothing from any of the others unless they called when I was out at work.

As posted previously, I'm just very reluctant to vote for anybody for a continuance of the last 5+ years and to legalise in any small way the furtherance of the squanderfest and incompetence gala that we've all witnessed. It is an utterly out-of-control juggernaut of self-service, troughery and incompetence within the Public Sector, with excuse after excuse in defence and nobody has mentioned how they are prepared to address it, unless the new COMIN suddenly evolve some testicles. Report after Report publicising failure after failure is a simple fact from the last two years alone.

I know I "should"; but I can't see how voting for anybody is going to instigate any "change", we had a 50% new House last time and it's just got worse and worse, the only bright spot at the moment would appear to be falling unemployment, assuming the figures are genuine.

I suspect that the new administration is going to be inflicting a lot of tax rises on the local population, over the next two years in particular. Much pain to come methinks.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, manxchester said:

Off out to vote soon and still haven’t made my mind up from a pretty uninspiring line up. Didn’t receive one manifesto or any visits so these are my general, uninformed impressions

Allinson- misgivings about his judgement on the marina but his politics generally line up with mine and he did achieve in his first term with getting the abortion bill through so will probably get my vote.

Cowell- just seems to be on a improve Ramsey ticket with no general policies, also quoted he’d only take the knee for the queen so no chance

Hooper- voted for him last time and could have seen myself doing again, however the whole Lib Van candidate fiasco and his response to it means I can’t this time around.

Kinrade- possible vote, pretty uninspiring but seems quite normal compared to some of them, doesn’t seem to offer anything different though.

Mann- hahahah

Parker - was intrigued when he entered however apart from not wanting to legalise cannabis I couldn’t tell you anything he stands for. Saw a couple of questionnaires that most of the other candidates had completed that he hadn’t bothered to, strange campaign 

Singer  - hahaha

Spencer- leaning towards her for my 2nd vote. More females are needed in the house and she seems clued up on the climate challenge we face, disappointed she appears to be for brexit but seems ok on most other things.

Almost exactly my thoughts on the Ramsey candidates, except the doc has achieved a lot more than just the (very brave) abortion reform. I could admire Hooper's loyalty to LV if their other candidates were only mediocre - but they aren't, they are bloody awful. Shame because he's a hard working snd good guy - but that shows bad judgement. Erica just comes across as a bit half-hearted, the royalist chippy man looks out of his depth, Singer & Mann will struggle to pick up votes from the under 70s, and over 70s, Kinrade is probably too low profile. 

I'm hoping the green man in Rushen gets in, and DJ Gammon doesn't. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Almost exactly my thoughts on the Ramsey candidates, except the doc has achieved a lot more than just the (very brave) abortion reform. I could admire Hooper's loyalty to LV if their other candidates were only mediocre - but they aren't, they are bloody awful. Shame because he's a hard working snd good guy - but that shows bad judgement. Erica just comes across as a bit half-hearted, the royalist chippy man looks out of his depth, Singer & Mann will struggle to pick up votes from the under 70s, and over 70s, Kinrade is probably too low profile. 

I'm hoping the green man in Rushen gets in, and DJ Gammon doesn't. 

Yeah I was probably a bit harsh on the doc, for managing to get the abortion bill through alone he deserves re-election.

I’m hoping Haffinin gets in just for something different and to see what he can do. Dreading the thought of DJ Gammon getting in, sad indictment of the Island if he does.

• Like 2