SURE v MANX TELECOM

Passing Time

I have been with Sure since day one and have never had any major problems with them, there have been issues with billing and contact dates but they have sorted any problems out efficiently. 

Edited by 2bees
missed a word
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2bees said:

I have been with Sure since day one and have never had any major problems with them, there have been issues with billing and contact dates but they have sorted any problems out efficiently. 

Thanks Missy

I've been with MT since 1976 and their attitude on Friday when I spoke to one of their team was diabolical. Time for a move methinks

• Like 1

If you're thinking of fibre broadband, the actual fibre and end equipment is all installed and operated by Manx Telecom.

So whether you go with Sure or WiManx or MT or whoever, the fibre part of the deal stays the same.

You get a variety of routers and the data finds its way to and from the internet differently with each provider but that's about it.

I went with Sure a few years ago now and apart from a glitch setting up the initial direct debit, the service has been fine with speeds consistently as advertised.

8 hours ago, leon12 said:

I've heard that Sure offer better prices for their fibre broadband compared to MT, especially after MT's recent price increase. Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

Their prices are better. MT are asking £63.90 for 100Mbps whilst Sure are asking £47 for the same speed plus a 50% reduction for the first six months

4 hours ago, BillyNoMates said:

mt has been going downhill for a long time. sure seems the smaller of thr two evisl these days. do people still use sim cards from across for stuff? used to be cheaper for some cases 

That's getting harder and harder as operators dial back their roaming offerings.

Lots of fair use caps, or just outright no free roaming on IOM now.

2 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

That's getting harder and harder as operators dial back their roaming offerings.

Lots of fair use caps, or just outright no free roaming on IOM now.

Yes. Many are actively monitoring  how long the sim is used in the IOM .. Also some networks like 3 mobile will not let you make a new account with an IOM address.  They won't recognise an Isle of man address when it comes to credit checks..The  existing accounts are okay for the moment   

10 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Yes. Many are actively monitoring  how long the sim is used in the IOM .. Also some networks like 3 mobile will not let you make a new account with an IOM address.  They won't recognise an Isle of man address when it comes to credit checks..The  existing accounts are okay for the moment   

shit. back to getting screwed by our lot again then 

• Sad 1

Anyone had issues with mt installing fibre where they want it? I was supposed to be getting it installed today, but a guy from mt turned up out of the blue on Sunday lunchtime and said they wouldn’t be replicating my overhead broadband wiring (which is what they initially said they would do) and could only install it in my utility room at the back of the house. That’s the last place I want a router so I cancelled. I don’t know if he just being lazy. I’m prepared to pay for longer cables and installation if necessary but seemed that wasn’t an option which is weird.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Anyone had issues with mt installing fibre where they want it? I was supposed to be getting it installed today, but a guy from mt turned up out of the blue on Sunday lunchtime and said they wouldn’t be replicating my overhead broadband wiring (which is what they initially said they would do) and could only install it in my utility room at the back of the house. That’s the last place I want a router so I cancelled. I don’t know if he just being lazy. I’m prepared to pay for longer cables and installation if necessary but seemed that wasn’t an option which is weird.

we had to get a contractor to install new trunking to our house. They put it exactly where we wanted it so my guess is MT are talking bollocks.... plus after comparing MT to Sure and getting a lot of positive feedback, I'll be moving to Sure

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1