We Ain't Got No Fuel.

marcus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Run your car on vegetable oil.

Every few weeks, Etta Kantor goes to a Chinese restaurant and fills a couple of five-gallon pails with used cooking oil. Back in her garage, the 59-year-old philanthropist and grandmother strains it through a cloth filter and then pours it into a custom-made second fuel tank in her 2003 Volkswagen Jetta diesel station wagon. Once the car is warmed up, she flips a fuel toggle on the dashboard to switch to the vegetable oil. Wherever she drives, she's trailed by the appetizing odor of egg rolls

Apparently you have to pay fuel tax on vegetable oil if you run your car on it.

got no fuel?

get it delivered to your door here  ;)

I actually thought it was a genuine site until I read the 'Legal' section.

It reminds me of a piece of coursework on my degree course where we had to create an online shopping website. Mine was 'dealer.net' selling the finest weed online. I got at least 200 orders from people who even included their credit card details in the hope they'd get some weed through the post.

Am I the only one kinda hoping we don't have any petrol for a few weeks/months?  Everyone will have to cycle or walk around.  Electric trams for up north, steam trains for down south.  It'd be fun.

It'd bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "I've run out of petrol!" Ha ha!

Hang on, that wasn't funny.  Sorry.

It would be quite interesting. I'd like it but many people would go nuts! You could always use the steam trains.

A good fuel shortage would sort a few people out alright.

All the so called rich people. The ones with big fancy cars but they wouldn't have a clue how to change a spark plug, or an electricity plug in their home, for that matter.

Lawyers and their cronies, they'd be the first to starve. Although of course they'd all emigrate to the UK. Oh, I forgot, the UK may have a fuel crisis too.

Unfortunately, this current epidose looks to be lasting for a few days only.

got no fuel?

get it delivered to your door here  ;)

I actually thought it was a genuine site until I read the 'Legal' section.

It reminds me of a piece of coursework on my degree course where we had to create an online shopping website. Mine was 'dealer.net' selling the finest weed online. I got at least 200 orders from people who even included their credit card details in the hope they'd get some weed through the post.

the "vin diesel" gave it away to me :)

So the real cost of a litre is 33p before tax so why does the UK Government have such a high tax on fuel.

Don't the manx Government put more tax on when it gets here?

So the real cost of a litre is 33p before tax so why does the UK Government have such a high tax on fuel.

to discourage people from using their cars when other forms of transport are better for the environment and our health.. Quite simple. The Dutch do the same and the people there are more sensible so use bikes and public transport. Higher tax for fuel is a great idea.

to discourage people from using their cars when other forms of transport are better for the environment and our health.. Quite simple. The Dutch do the same and the people there are more sensible so use bikes and public transport. Higher tax for fuel is a great idea.

And the Dutch equivalents of Richmond Hill, Whitebridge Hill and Crellin's Hill are....?

hmm ... the much vaunted fuel tax escalator (now on hold) has little or nothing to do with underpinning the UK Government's Green credentials ... given all the pledges not to raise direct taxation levels very few options are available to

raise the revenues required for an ambitious social programme such as that planned by New Labour. Fuel, drink and tobacco are "sitting ducks" in terms of revenue raising .. and you shouldnt be surprised that a Labour Chancellor will choose to hit them with high levels of excise duty. .. Especially when the duty can be wrapped up in a cynical pretence of helping the environment or discouraging unhealthy habits etc ..

Well i personally don't see how massive taxes will work on fuel to solve this why not have a toll system like the USA.

Last time i was in the states the yanks told me their system works better the more miles you do the more you pay in tolls i think that should be the way forward.

The government tax cigs beer and fuel then turn around and ask you to give em up crazy lol

Archived