We Ain't Got No Fuel.

marcus

Not wanting to start a panic or anything, but iv'e travelled from Cheshire to Manchester and 6 stations are either closed or just have Derv.

How it will affect your supplies i'm not sure, apparantly everyone's panic buying (that quaint English tradition) prior to the protests tommorow.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one kinda hoping we don't have any petrol for a few weeks/months? Everyone will have to cycle or walk around. Electric trams for up north, steam trains for down south. It'd be fun.

It'd bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "I've run out of petrol!" Ha ha!

Hang on, that wasn't funny. Sorry.

I shall avoid this possibility by going into Tesco at lunchtime and buying all of the cans of Ravioli, all of the toilet paper, and all of the shampoo.

If you buy all the ravioli, I can understand the need for the toilet paper - but why bother with 'sham' poo when you'll probably have plenty of the real stuff?

Well i was reading something on the net about the prices of fuel and did you know that a litre of fuel costs about £1.02 and 69p of that litre goes to the UK Government.

So the real cost of a litre is 33p before tax so why does the UK Government have such a high tax on fuel.

So the real cost of a litre is 33p before tax so why does the UK Government have such a high tax on fuel.

Because the nation has voted for governments - both Tory and Labour - that deliberately increased the tax on fuel to try to dissuade people from damaging the environment by making it more expensive to do so.

Kyoto and all that.

Unfortunately, the rate of tax is still too low to actually make a difference to most people to do things to actively change their lives - like move closer to work to reduce everyday journeys, stop driving on 1.5-mile journeys etc.

People really believe the "I need a car because of where I live" argument, rather than realising that the truth is "I can live where I live only because I have a car".

Am I the only one kinda hoping we don't have any petrol for a few weeks/months?  Everyone will have to cycle or walk around.  Electric trams for up north, steam trains for down south.  It'd be fun.

It'd bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "I've run out of petrol!" Ha ha!

Hang on, that wasn't funny.  Sorry.

It would be quite interesting. I'd like it but many people would go nuts! You could always use the steam trains.

Archived