We Ain't Got No Fuel.

marcus

This could be the answer. Not only supplying cheap fuel, but solving the problem of cats who s*** in your garden.

From Ananova Tuesday 13th September 2005

"A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.

Dr Christian Koch, 55, from Kleinhartmannsdorf, said his method uses old tyres, weeds and animal cadavers.

They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.

He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.

He said: "I tank my car with my own diesel mixture and have driven it for 105,000 miles without any problems."

You can't help admiring German efficiency, can you? :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This could be the answer.  Not only supplying cheap fuel, but solving the problem of cats who s*** in your garden.

From Ananova Tuesday 13th September 2005

"A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.

Dr Christian Koch, 55, from Kleinhartmannsdorf, said his method uses old tyres, weeds and animal cadavers.

They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.

He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.

He said: "I tank my car with my own diesel mixture and have driven it for 105,000 miles without any problems."

You can't help admiring German efficiency, can you?  :)

Here, pussy, pussy... Anyone got any stats on the world supply of cats? Not that we run out in a few years...

What the British should do is what the Austrians and the Frogs have done:

Finance Minister's Tax Threat Reduces Oil Prices in Austria

Source

Following Austrian Finance Minister Karl Heinz Grasser threat for a “special tax” for oil companies, the companies have taken a step back and reduced the sale price of petrol and gas oil between one and three cents.....

Different tactics to combat fuel prices

Source

...French President Jacques Chirac also urged his finance minister, Thierry Breton, to press oil companies to “strongly accentuate” price-cutting efforts. Oil companies announced gasoline price cuts in France last week after Breton threatened a new “special tax” if they did not hand back more of their bumper profits through lower prices....

The oil companies make billions of pounds in profit every year, so I'm surprised they haven't thought of that earlier, instead of calling on the gov to reduce tax on fuel...

Do they have to be dead? I can see if being a whole lot more fun if they're alive for a short time during this process.

I'm sure the IOM has it's own contingancy plans for when fuel runs low on the mainland.

Wouldn't worry about it, although I'm no proffesional economist, the bull market of crude oil is similar to that of the dot.com boom of the late 90's and should pop sometime soon.

OPEC should get their act together sooner than later.

Archived