Is he Manx?

Ghost Ship

I'm following the livestream of an employment tribunal in Bristol.  The claimant, Kevin Lister, is suing his former employer New College Swindon for unfair dismissal and discrimination regarding his "gender critical" views.

Although he's described in newspaper reports as "from Wiltshire", the first thing I thought when I heard him speaking was that he had a Manx accent.  (He certainly doesn't have a Wiltshire accent!)

Does anybody know if he is Manx?  He sounds like he'd be at home on Manx Radio or speaking in Tynwald.

It's quite a high profile tribunal case and has been widely reported in mainstream media over the last couple of days (eg Maths teacher sacked for refusing to use student’s preferred pronouns, tribunal told | The Independent;   Wiltshire teacher fired for not using preferred pronouns, tribunal told - BBC News)

When I googled his name and "Isle of Man" I got a link to a 3fm news article from earlier this week, but if you go to it you just get a "404 error".  It seemed odd to me that it had disappeared so quickly - but maybe that's par for the course with 3fm.

He's a 60 year old maths teacher and he's taken the bold(!) decision to represent himself.  (Most claimants in this type of case fund representation via GoFundMe appeals)

Edited by Ghost Ship

Just now, Declan said:

He seems an arse. 

Agreed - you don't need much intelligence to understand the harm his decision can cause if the female truly identifies as male and isn't just yanking his chain.

4 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

Most claimants in this type of case fund representation via GoFundMe appeals

Or it’s paid for by their union or professional body, or the union provides representation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Or it’s paid for by their union or professional body, or the union provides representation. 

I don't think anybody claiming unfair dismissal or discrimination because of their "gender critical" views has been supported by either their union or their professional body