Well Done To The Police

FCMR

The reason I needed to park in Victoria St on a Saturday was that we are a Contracting firm who had work to do in one of the Banks when it was closed and under Health and safety regs, we can not store hazardous goods in the bulding in which we were working, we also had a permit to park all day in one of the loading bay areas

So you keep the hazardous goods in your car or van in a loading bay?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FCMR gets a lot of stick on here, but I reckon good on him for getting those illegally parked booked, they shouldn't have been there and they deserved it. Can't say I'd go to the trouble of phoning the cops myself, but fair play to you if you had trouble getting parked where you were legally allowed to.

And, I'm sure he was probably transporting the hazardous goods to his place of work, not actually storing them in his van(?)

As for the Governor, he should have to drive round M&S or Safeway for half an hour, after much stress eventually find a parking space, pay his 60 pence fee and walk to the bank like the rest of us! :P

hang on parking in a loading bay? these area are for loading and unloading not parking all day in so with you parked up there you then are stopping someone else using that bay to unload/load permits are usually given for disc areas if am not mistaken.

If he was given a permit to park there all day then I might be being naive here but I suspect that means he had permission to be there all day....

Residents permits are for the disc zones.

As for the storage of hazardous goods in the van - I would imagine that if that's the kind of work he does, the van is suitably modified to contain whatever hazardous goods (asbestos maybe?) safely. Indeed probably a lot more safe than leaving them a) in the bank, or b ) at the side of the road.

As for the storage of hazardous goods in the van - I would imagine that if that's the kind of work he does, the van is suitably modified to contain whatever hazardous goods (asbestos maybe?) safely.  Indeed probably a lot more safe than leaving them a) in the bank, or b ) at the side of the road.

If that was the case, then the space directly outside the property should have been bollarded off in advance. Hazardous goods should not be carried to location through a throng of Saturday shoppers. That smacks of poor organisation by the building contractor and the building manager.

If a general permit for any space in the area was issued, then it was clearly an inappropriate thing to hand out.

sorry but the scratch cards as he keeps mentioning are for disc zones,  loading/unloading bays are just that  not long term parking bays.

To be fair, he hasn't mentioned them once..

If that was the case, then the space directly outside the property should have been bollarded off in advance. Hazardous goods should not be carried to location through a throng of Saturday shoppers.  That smacks of poor organisation by the building contractor and the building manager.

If a general permit for any space in the area was issued, then it was clearly an inappropriate thing to hand out.

It might have been bollarded off for all we know (although I doubt it was). Besides which, said hazardous goods could already have been contained by appropriate means before being moved from site to vehicle in which case cordoning off the area wouldn't be necessary. Who knows? Not us.

It might have been bollarded off for all we know (although I doubt it was).

If it was, it wouldn't have been necessary to report multiple drivers parked in loading bays.

Besides which, said hazardous goods could already have been contained by appropriate means before being moved from site to vehicle in which case cordoning off the area wouldn't be necessary.

There must have been an element of risk otherwise the safety regulatins would not apply.

The DOT grant the permits for long stay.

We were not allowed to store paint in the building.

Hazadous materials were removed as job progressed (stripped wallpaper)

Comercial vehicicals are not allowed to use the multi story carparks, so have limited areas in town to park up.

No parking bollards were in position but some peolple chose to ignor

Archived