Should Religious Education Be Taught In Schools?

Minnie

Let kids have RE in school, they'll make their own minds up when they are old enough.

But they should learn about it, it impacts on our lives daily, even if we don't believe in anything.

Hallo ??? what dont we understand about required by statute ? :rolleyes:

The Education Act 1966 states schools must provide religious education for all registered pupils.

Sorry guys but that means unless the statute is changed the schools have got to teach it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let kids have RE in school, they'll make their own minds up when they are old enough.

But they should learn about it, it impacts on our lives daily, even if we don't believe in anything.

Hallo ??? what dont we understand about required by statute ? :rolleyes:

The Education Act 1966 states schools must provide religious education for all registered pupils.

Sorry guys but that means unless the statute is changed the schools have got to teach it.

And what in my post caused you to infer I didn't know that?

And what in my post caused you to infer I didn't know that?

Why ..this did sweetie :rolleyes::rolleyes:

er... how does that imply that I wasn't aware of the current legal situation? Especially, when my post was made in a thread entitled "Should Religious Education Be Taught In Schools?"

er... how does that imply that I wasn't aware of the current legal situation? Especially, when my post was made in a thread entitled "Should Religious Education Be Taught In Schools?"

The implication was transported by means of the word "Let"

I was simply pointing out schools are required by statute to provide RE teaching. "Let" isnt an option.

The implication was transported by means of the word "Let"

I was simply pointing out schools are required by statute to provide RE teaching. "Let" isnt an option.

No you were simply looking for another chance to boarishly flaunt your knowledge.

But the legal position wasn't under discussion, I assumed everybody on here knew that schools had to teach religion already, the discussion was should it be taught in schools.

Archived