Bbq Charcoal

Jacqueline

If you get no joy in finding some then........

Take a 55 gal. barrell the kind with lid that fastens down, set it on blocks and punch a hole in the top. Fill with small blocks of hardwood. Build fire under barrell. First steam comes out which is very visible and then it changes to a gas. Light gas taking all the necessary safety precautions. The gas will burn with a blue flame. When you can no longer keep a flame going let the fire go for a while and put out. Let charcoal cool and remove. Before you ask, the barrell will not explode when you light flame as the steam has driven out the oxygen.

I accept no responsibility if it all goes tits-up. Oh....and best do it outside hehe ;)

If you get no joy in finding some then........

Take a 55 gal. barrell the kind with lid that fastens down, set it on blocks and punch a hole in the top. Fill with small blocks of hardwood. Build fire under barrell. First steam comes out which is very visible and then it changes to a gas. Light gas taking all the necessary safety precautions. The gas will burn with a blue flame. When you can no longer keep a flame going let the fire go for a while and put out. Let charcoal cool and remove. Before you ask, the barrell will not explode when you light flame as the steam has driven out the oxygen.

I accept no responsibility if it all goes tits-up. Oh....and best do it outside hehe ;)

most ingenious!!!

I can't. I've got people coming up my back passage on Saturday for a bit of a 'do' and the chimilea will have to be got going. I usually manage with a log or two but it's going to be a bit blowy up there at the weekend so need something a bit more solid to get things going.

If you get my drift.

I can't. I've got people coming up my back passage on Saturday for a bit of a 'do' and the chimilea will have to be got going. I usually manage with a log or two but it's going to be a bit blowy up there at the weekend so need something a bit more solid to get things going.

If you get my drift.

ahhhh - i thought u needed it for a bbq - not for... well.. i think that must be an old wives' tale..

If you get my drift.

Don't you just hate it when people come up your back passage!

I'm sure B&Q were selling off charcoal a couple of weeks ago.

Archived