Mf Spotting...

Knoxville

Someone came up to me in Strand Street the iother day and said "your Doric arent you" and I said

"no, I'm someone else maybe you are mixing me up with someone else off the forums".

Sometimes I prefer not to know because then you may as well just phone up or email or chat in the street.

ps I don't look anything like my abatar, which someone at the work piut there without me knowing.

I'm guessing most ppl on this forum would like to remain somewhat 'unknown' in real life. I've posted my pictures on other forums (more global), but when it comes to the local scene... the simple problem that I keep thinking... is that everyone will notice me too easily!

I'm sure most users face the same concern.

post-2146-1165181477_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing most ppl on this forum would like to remain somewhat 'unknown' in real life. I've posted my pictures on other forums (more global), but when it comes to the local scene... the simple problem that I keep thinking... is that everyone will notice me too easily!

Now I know you

Girl89 - good idea but we've tried that in the past (even the mod night out during the Christmas break resulted in only half the team turning up).

My personal opinion is that we should try and organise something to mark MF's 3rd birthday in March next year (preferably in Douglas).

Plan it early, get a venue booked and arrange transport from set locations to ensure ease of travel for everyone.

Make it something good - maybe even get some of the MFLive DJ's involved and put a real show on for everyone.

You've obviously got me converted. Everytime I see you now I say to myself 'oh sweet Jesus' and cross the road.

Girl89 - good idea but we've tried that in the past (even the mod night out during the Christmas break resulted in only half the team turning up).

My personal opinion is that we should try and organise something to mark MF's 3rd birthday in March next year (preferably in Douglas).

Plan it early, get a venue booked and arrange transport from set locations to ensure ease of travel for everyone.

Make it something good - maybe even get some of the MFLive DJ's involved and put a real show on for everyone.

I know that it wouldn't have much chance of a success, just thought I'd suggest it :P

I'd definately come to the 3rd birthday meet up next year if there was one :)

I don't think there are the numbers to warrant a dedicated event with transport et al

I'd be more inclined to go to something like a drink and chat on a week night - the worst thing about the 1st birthday bash was the music in the lounge was turned up so loud all I could hear was the blood trickling out of my shattered ear drum...

Having said all this I think with the exception of maybe Stav I've met everyone I want to meet off here and if the last one was anything to go by I sat and talked to Rock who.... I talk to most weeks anyway

Fair enough, all good points there but I still think the idea has merit.

How about I start a seperate thread to guage interest?

The reason I suggested dedicated transport is because a lot of members that don't reside in Douglas may be put off due to the costs of getting there and back (last time, you drove and I cadged a lift - but not everyone can do that) if we had a coach going from the north and one from the south and one from Peel etc., and people knew it was going to cost a fraction of what a taxi would (or having to leave early to catch the last bus) - I'm sure it would be far more popular.

realistically a coach costs a tonne of cash and from ramsey you'd have... 5... maybe 10 at the very most?

it looks like you're trying to organise some international big style rave or something.... why not put up a poll to decide the place and then another to decide a date and thats it... those who can turn up good those who can't tough luck