Look What They Have Done To The Lady

FCMR

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to ressurrect an old thread but thought you might like to see the finished article......

post-180-1153816906_thumb.jpg

WSAG, where did you find this photo ... I've googled, but had no luck ... all I'm getting are pictures of the job half done with rusty metal and welds all over the place. Its great to see her finished and continuing to be a productive asset. The same for Mary the Queen.

One in Greece, the other in the Philippines ... aint this thing called trade amazing! Must have been quite a journey to get Mona's Queen down there ... round the Cape of Good Hope ... used to the the Cape of Storms ... til the Dutch decided it was giving Cape Town a bad press and changed it ... ok it was 300 years ago, but even so ... did she really sail all that way, or was she piggy backed on a bulk carrier? anyone know.

Edited Typos

Chinahand, Look here.

http://www.manxlink.com/monasqueen5.html

That's sad.

I used to get really excited as a kid about going on the Manx Viking at the start of each summer holiday. She had those ace coffee table video games like Pacman & Phoenix etc.

Those were the days.

• 5 months later...

I'm very impressed with what they have done with such an old 'clunker' - she was a good enough sea going vessel, but certainly lacked the 'boob job' she has been given!

Maybe the IOMSPC could send the seacat for a refit to whoever has given the 'lady' her facelift!

Oh forgot to mention in my previous post, there is a programme scheduled to be on the telly on 30th January called Lost at Sea, the Ellen Vannin will be featured in the series...... there was no details of which channel it is to be on as yet... so watch this space.

Archived