Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Only the same as BBC Radio 2 as far as a static line up is concerned.

Chris Evans since 2005

Ken Bruce since 1985

Jeremy Vine since 2003

Steve Wright since 1996

Eighty years between the four of them.

In fairness even Evans has talent, and if they were not any good they would be out. Manx radio would do well to acknowledge successful radio and copy. That Mark Tiley does a pretty good copy of Ken Bruce and those women do a fairly ok copy of loose women / women's hour, shame that the rest of Manx radio dont seem to have any standard to copy. Jeremy Vines phone-in is usually topical and fresh, he obviously has empathy for callers and topics he is not just some old bore with fixed views and limited life experience repeating the same tired cliches.

Edited by j2bad
  • Like 2

Being 5 years old these videos have resurfaced.

I've found all the links buried deep on the Manx Telecom website.

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/4848/mttv-5-manx-radio-cuts-1-

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/4849/manx-radio-cuts-2-

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/4857/manx-radio-cuts-3-

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/4858/manx-radio-cuts-4-

God knows why they were split into so many sections but worth looking at.

All these years and nothing has changed.

Would explain why the same tired DJs are still on the radio. God they sound bored!

Only get bored of people like you who sign up to a forum to have a specific pop. Who do you work for?

manx radio......

Only get bored of people like you who sign up to a forum to have a specific pop. Who do you work for?

manx radio......

Waiting for Manx Radio stalwart to make 'that accusation' that Juan_Learner was forcibly removed from the station by police...

Edited by j2bad

Chris Evans since 2005

Ken Bruce since 1985

Jeremy Vine since 2003

Steve Wright since 1996

In fairness even Evans has talent, and if they were not any good they would be out. Manx radio would do well to acknowledge successful radio and copy. That Mark Tiley does a pretty good copy of Ken Bruce and those women do a fairly ok copy of loose women / women's hour, shame that the rest of Manx radio dont seem to have any standard to copy. Jeremy Vines phone-in is usually topical and fresh, he obviously has empathy for callers and topics he is not just some old bore with fixed views and limited life experience repeating the same tired cliches.

Limited life experience? You're confusing me with someone else. And Jeremy Vine (when he's not avoiding tax) is paid a huge amount of money by the BBC, has a massive production resource behind him, a listenership of millions and a much wider range of 'local' (i.e. UK) topics to float.

Edited by Stu Peters

Chris Evans since 2005

Ken Bruce since 1985

Jeremy Vine since 2003

Steve Wright since 1996

Limited life experience? You're confusing me with someone else.

At least you accept the rest, I will give you working as a cabbie and you seem to dine out that on things you did 40 years ago, hardly relevant for a topical phone in.

Edited by j2bad

Limited life experience? You're confusing me with someone else. And Jeremy Vine (when he's not avoiding tax) is paid a huge amount of money by the BBC, has a massive production resource behind him, a listenership of millions and a much wider range of 'local' (i.e. UK) topics to float.

Its not just the support though is it thats just a lame excuse, he has empathy and brings that to his broadcasting probably because he has done real journalism across the world, it is pretty obvious any one of those women in the afternoon would be a better phone-in host and would be able to draw in a broader range of callers.

Its not just the support though is it thats just a lame excuse, he has empathy and brings that to his broadcasting probably because he has done real journalism across the world, it is pretty obvious any one of those women in the afternoon would be a better phone-in host and would be able to draw in a broader range of callers.

I don't think Vine has empathy at all. He has a Thatcher type faux sympathetic voice which makes him sound like a smarmy twat. As for the women, Beth Espey can be a serious journalist but I'm not sure that programme is the right vehicle for her.

The whole current format for Manx Radio needs to be scrapped.

What is it actually supposed to be - some kind of news service for the Isle of Man Government and Saga FM, or some kind of current music radio station?

It can never be both! The mix of weekend programming which wouldn't be out of place in the 1930's mashed up with current chart music really appeals to nobody.

The old people complain about the 'thud thud thud' music, and younger people just switch off.

Until they decide what they are meant to be then it will never be successful.

Chris Evans since 2005

In fairness even Evans has talent,

He hides it well.

In his extensive and very valuable car collection etc.thumbsup.gif

You don't need talent to get rich. Examples are legion.