Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A friend of mine has had some vile personal messages on Facebook, just for suggesting that the BLM protest should be held at a later date when it's considered safe! 

Sadly there's a small percentage of absolute whoppers in any given group.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A friend of mine has had some vile personal messages on Facebook, just for suggesting that the BLM protest should be held at a later date when it's considered safe! 

I know it's an old man's expression, but the world's gone mad.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

You're right. Still my favourite, years on:

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3KBG0X1DUB2JP

ETA: Just noticed that this is a rip off of the original that was posted by Andrew on the Amazon UK site. It was obviously considered so good that some damned yank decided to plagiarise it.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Well not everyone who gets knelt on dies.

Clearly it is an appalling situation.   But to suggest there was a intention to kill him evidenced on that video seems like it might be far from a given when he goes.to trial.

Mr Floyd was restrained by officers, while Mr Chauvin placed his left knee between his head and neck.

"I can't breathe," Mr Floyd said repeatedly, pleading for his mother and begging "please, please, please".

For eight minutes and 46 seconds, Mr Chauvin kept his knee on Mr Floyd's neck, the prosecutors' report says.

About six minutes into that period, Mr Floyd became non-responsive. In videos of the incident, this was when Mr Floyd fell silent, as bystanders urged the officers to check his pulse.

One of the other officers, JA Kueng, did just that, checking Mr Floyd's right wrist, but "couldn't find one". Yet the other officers did not move.

At 20:27, Mr Chauvin removed his knee from Mr Floyd's neck. Motionless, Mr Floyd was rolled on to a gurney and taken to the Hennepin County Medical Center in an ambulance.

He was pronounced dead about an hour later.

If we're being overly generous, at best the officers showed a complete disregard for whether he lived or not.

26 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

For it to be murder they going to have to prove he intended to kill the guy.  That isn't clear from the video.

It wasn't premeditated but it was with malice aforethought. Unfortunately they have upped the charge to first degree murder, they'll never prove that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If we're being overly generous, at best the officers showed a complete disregard for whether he lived or not.

IMHO it was murder. But, as mentioned, pushing for first degree might be difficult to win. Can you imagine the riots if he gets off?