The Mercedes Must Go...

Stu Peters

Oooooh...... new snazzy (& racey!) avatar to go with your new snazzy (& no doubt racey?) car eh Stu?

Heh!

Yup...but I just remembered I don't own the copyright to it... so have replaced it with one Peter Killey took at the airshow. I don't own the copyright to this one either, but Peter will chuckle that I've used it...

How can you own copyright to electrons?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone noticed at the weekend that the sprung Merc badge (gunsight!) has been nicked while the car has been parked in my driveway.

So that's a hundred quid off.

Meanwhile, am Googling for landmines, mantraps and other deterrents...'smart' ones of course - I don't want to put the postie off. Or might just buy CCTV and hope for divine retribution.

I once had a really nice Astra SRI (white) and it was a great car. Woke one morning to discover that some vermin had taken the wheel trims, mud guard things and ripped the rubber strips off the side doors/panels taking chunks of paint with it - it looked a right mess and I was just so stunned I couldn't even cry..... I loved that car too.

I should add that it didn't happen whilst I was on the island though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Seems great cars aren't fetching good prices these days...so I'll reduce the price to £3950 ono. It's not been used for almost a year, but I can't bear the thought of a trader stealing it from me and making a big margin - although that's probably the next step if she doesn't go.

Not been used regularly - although it started first time this afternoon (with a jump-start) when another forum member came to have a look and drive.

Have probably warmed it up less than monthly to be honest - but it's a great car (confirmed after test drive today), so be quick if you're interested.

Stu

Archived