Drunk Bus Driver

BunnyBoiler

OK, cant put the link up cause i dont know how.

Manx Radio have an artical about a IOM bus driver who was caught over the limit while on duty.

Thats really scary. Drink driving is one off the worst crimes in my mind. You put other road users at risk, but if you put a bus load of people into the equation aswell, doesnt bear thinking about.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed a story in the Courier a week or so ago, a woman had drunk a bottle of wine, then she drove to collect her children from school & crashed into a police mans car. I think she got an £800 fine and a ban, WHAT? this is a complete mickey take, in the same paper a lad had been caught with 9oz of pot, he gets 4 months in prison. Where is the justice in that? She could have killed or injured a couple of children in her drunken stupou, who was the guy with the pot harming? these laws are messed up man! Who are they protecting? I dont care if people want to smoke pot, but I do care if some looney drives to school gates pissed up.

"Tests reveal that ********** had a blood / alcohol level of 128mg, just over one and a half times the legal limit"

How do you think most people would perceive that quote and how it is written?

This quote/headline is written time after time relating to motoring offences concerning alchol. It's sensationalism.

How many times over would a person be if the legal limit was zero?

All the Best

The most scary thing is that most of us will have been in the same position whilst driving the morning after a session the night before!!

Err, really? I dunno man, some of us actually have a bit more sense than that.

I happen to know this chap very well and have done for over 40 years, so I would like to say something about him. He was in the Army for a full term, and came back to the island to work in civy street. To be caught with drink in his system is very strange, the reading is quite low yet over the limit some 12 hours after having his last pint. I have never seen him in a falling off the walls condition through drink and cant believe i would as hes not a big drinker. How can anyone say that they would not be over the limit after having 5or 6 pints some 12 hours earlier. He was not stopped for bad driving it was due to a complaint from a female passenger who it seems had an issue with him. Its believed the police followed the bus for about 4 miles and no mention of this was made in court or any report of bad driving, its a case of bad luck to aperson that has spent over 35 years driving tanks and buses, I hope the High Bailiff takes this in when making his decission.

And I forgot to add the night before he got a taxi home from the pub and its been said that the taxi driver has said he seemed to be in a sober state.

The most scary thing is that most of us will have been in the same position whilst driving the morning after a session the night before!!

Err, really? I dunno man, some of us actually have a bit more sense than that.

Oh I forgot about saintly Ans....my point was that its possible to be over the limit the following morning without realising but thanks for your comments.

Archived