Xbox Chipping Service

devil

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few questions:

How many games can you store on the standard hard drive already in the Xbox? How easy is it to save a game onto the hard drive? Is it the same as recording music from a CD, i.e. insert the disc and it gives you the option?

How do you go about running emulators on an Xbox? Are there any sites that people recommend for this sort of thing (idiot proof if possible, because I am an idiot).

Ta for the tips people (& that'd be a big help Dev cheers dude!)

I'm pretty sure it's Slayer's Evox that's on it but when I was reading the manual for it it begins by going on about editing the config.xml file but is this something I don't need to do because the media player is already installed on the machine?

Sorry for my ignorance here - I'm generally quite competent with PCs & so on but when it comes to networky/FTP type stuff I'll be the first to admit I'm a dumbass!

The default hard disk is only 10gb. How many games go on it depends on the size of the games. Some are just a few hunrded meg, some are 5gb+, you can fit as many as will fit on your hard disk.

You need to modify the config to give it your path to your shared folder. I don't get what you mean by the 'already installed' xxxx.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to re-lock my hdd on the Xbox? I want to boot with my chip disabled but it's giving error 5 because the hard disc is unlocked.

I can see the status of it when I enable the chip and go through the system settings but it'll not let me change it in there.

Cheers!

Have managed it thanks dude! :D

Still can't get media player to connect to the PC though :(

Some help with that sometime would be cool if you don't mind?

My MSN messenger is a bit wonky at the mo' as well, it tries to reinstall itself everytime I reboot the PC for some reason. :(

Still can't get media player to connect to the PC though :(

Some help with that sometime would be cool if you don't mind?

I'm crap with computers, but I followed this link and got it all working alright. A brief overview follows (no doubt someone will point out any errors, but this is basically what to do):

Connect your Xbox to your PC with an ethernet crossover cable.

Create a network connection on your PC through start/settings/network connections.

Assign an IP to your Xbox, and let your PC know what it is.

Install FTP software such as flash fxp, and use this to transfer files (including videos, emulators, roms etc) to your Xbox.

Job's a goodun.

I can FTP stuff to the Xbox using Flash FXP but the mediaplayer installed on my Evox dash doesn't 'see' anything on the PC for some reason.

I'm sure it's something dead simple I've missed as I know the PC can talk to the Xbox....

Archived