Pizza Hut On The Isle Of Man?

3v0

Its not as if kids would beg for a mixed bean salad or grilled chicken pita if there was a healthier vendor available. Indeed, its doubtful such a venture would prove commercially viable on the Island.

Surely this is down to conditioning, if children are allowed to be brainwashed into thinking a McDonalds or KFC is the be all and end all of food by parents too bone idle to feed them elsewhere or feed them themselves, then it's just a matter of re-educating them, as per Jamie Oliver!

How many kids do you know that say "I don't like that" without actually tasting it previously, it's merely a matter of perception without forcefulness.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this is down to conditioning, if children are allowed to be brainwashed into thinking a McDonalds or KFC is the be all and end all of food by parents too bone idle to feed them elsewhere or feed them themselves, then it's just a matter of re-educating them, as per Jamie Oliver!

How many kids do you know that say "I don't like that" without actually tasting it previously, it's merely a matter of perception without forcefulness.

What are you actually suggesting Matt? That an establishments menu should be part of planning control?

Surely this is down to conditioning

Not really; its probably just down to thick lazy parents. MCD's in particular seem to have a pretty well defined customer group which if you drive past on any day seems to consist of chavs, fat chavs, fat lazy chavs, and fat ugly lazy chavs. Its a bit like looking into the Space Bar on the original Star Wars most days ... there's all sorts of shapes and sizes in there who seem to be at various stages of human evolution all brimming with with laziness and saturated fat.

i think the difference in us is that we can't go elsewhere.

Strange, from when I last checked many cafes and pubs serve burgers and fried chicken bits and far better quality, but I suppose if your taste is for burgers made from lips arseholes and other spare bits of the cow or factory farmed chicken full of growth hormone then you only have one choice for each.

I agree completely. It sometimes feels like the common complaint of "there's nowhere to go on the Island" actually means "there's no big chain brand to go to where we can buy a grilled shit in a bun and some placcy chips for a couple of quid".

Yes but who exactly are Pizza KIng

Not a well known franchise is it?

Dont forget we have our very own Pizza King at the bottom of Summerhill if the original one

came over they would have to change the name!!!!!

Archived