Parking Motorbikes On Pavements

emma

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TT rules, bikers may park exactly where they wish for the whole 2 weeks, wino's can't complain.

As a well established wino, it is my duty to complain, if I was to be staggering home and fell into the bike and say knocked it off its stand, am I liable?

Liable to do what?

for damages against the bike! :lol:

TT rules, bikers may park exactly where they wish for the whole 2 weeks, wino's can't complain.

As a well established wino, it is my duty to complain, if I was to be staggering home and fell into the bike and say knocked it off its stand, am I liable?

Just how heavy are you?

Ok, hold my hands up, sorry for causing an arguement... was a legit groan this affie, the bike was moved around 9ish, (must have been reading this?). - I'm over it, I will try my best not to get wound up during TT week about anything, cos it all boils down to the fact, that during TT week, anything goes!!! :lol: nighty night!!

TT rules, bikers may park exactly where they wish for the whole 2 weeks,

... and for every ten bikes parked in close proximity to one another there must be a group of three fat middle aged men gathered around one, looking on as if they're hoping that merely gawping at it for long enough will magically return their youth to them.

Rule 2. Criticising anything related to the TT, no matter how remotely, is considered an act of high treason.

'Criticism' in this instance refers to:

Preferring winter to summer;

Not visiting the Bushy's tent;

Casually remarking that, with the possible exception of Eddie Murphy, walking around town in a colourful leather jumpsuit makes the wearer look like they're auditioning for the role of gay supervillain in a yet to be announced summer blockbuster.

TT rules, bikers may park exactly where they wish for the whole 2 weeks,

... and for every ten bikes parked in close proximity to one another there must be a group of three fat middle aged men gathered around one, looking on as if they're hoping that merely gawping at it for long enough will magically return their youth to them.

Rule 2. Criticising anything related to the TT, no matter how remotely, is considered an act of high treason.

'Criticism' in this instance refers to:

Preferring winter to summer;

Not visiting the Bushy's tent;

Casually remarking that, with the possible exception of Eddie Murphy, walking around town in a colourful leather jumpsuit makes the wearer look like they're auditioning for the role of gay supervillain in a yet to be announced summer blockbuster.

Was this last paragraph aimed at Gavsta??? I'm lucky I don't own a jumpsuit and have black leathers only.

Was this last paragraph aimed at Gavsta??? I'm lucky I don't own a jumpsuit and have black leathers only.

I don't even know Gavsta! Unless he's Eddie Murphy of course, in which case I know of him. Trading Places was ace.

I hope not - although my leathers are somewhat *more* colourful than just black.

Some are very loud, but I dont think that makes you a gay.

Edit to add - You can see my leathers in my avatar, the orange bit is a bib though, not part of them.

I dribble when I ride.

Put this in a word document and stick it to his screen.

--

Illegal vehicle parking.

Why did get this letter?

You may not realise it, but you have inconvenienced a large number of people by leaving your vehicle where it is.

Cyclists and pedestrians can find their journey continuously blocked by parked vehicles, and this can cause congestion and possibly dangerous situations for the people involved. Pavement parking makes it difficult for parents with pushchairs, the elderly and others to walk on the pavement, to the extent that sometimes you have to walk on the road? This can cause major issues to the blind and the disabled. This situation can sometimes make people so angry that they have to restrain themselves from doing some damage to the vehicle in question.

We know that the police and traffic wardens can't be everywhere, so we have made it possible to remind you that what you are doing is antisocial, illegal and just plain wrong.

The laws that you have broken are part of the road traffic act:

An offence under section 35A(1), 47(1) or 53(5) or (6) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (offences in connection with parking places);

An offence under section 6(6) of the Act 1987 (c. xx) of leaving a vehicle on any land in contravention of a prohibition under that section (prohibitions relating to verges and certain other land adjoining or accessible from highway);

In the future please park your vehicle on your driveway or a designated parking area, so not to cause further inconvenience.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ILLEGAL PARKING!

Touching his bike may be an offence in itself! don't use superglue, if the bike dosn't have a screen, where will you attach it. Be careful it doesn't blow away, littering is also an offence. Too late, Emma in drunken stupour in bed, bike has gone, was only there for 5 minutes.

I hope not - although my leathers are somewhat *more* colourful than just black.

Some are very loud, but I dont think that makes you a gay.

Edit to add - You can see my leathers in my avatar, the orange bit is a bib though, not part of them.

I dribble when I ride.

Is the dribbling caused by fear or excitement?

Archived