Parking Motorbikes On Pavements

emma

SECONDED!

Chill out. What if a blind man, woman with a pram was to walk down the prom next week? (besides, there will be plenty of GIRLS with prams on the prom next week)

Dude, stop SHOUTING. Or I'll have to BEAT you at work.

But only in a fortnight as I'm on holiday now.

Yuck yuck. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one man's heaven is another man's hell....

tt is good for the economy....you should stop complaining, jump on and enjoy the ride

FGS, I only said that "some" inconsiderate **** has parked his/her bike on the pavement and not on the road, and all hell breaks out!.... It could be the middle of blimmin Winter, and would you all be jumping on the "TT is wonderful, enjoy, its great" bandwagon???

I'm not an anti TT person, I love it!! But it doesn't mean I have to put up with every tiny little thing about it! Now will you all just chill out and enjoy the ride lol !!!

Emma, chill women, have a third bottle or do as mupster suggested. Most bikes are objects of beauty and the owners of them are doing you a favour, allowing you to have such a good view of them.

Emma, chill women, have a third bottle or do as mupster suggested. Most bikes are objects of beauty and the owners of them are doing you a favour, allowing you to have such a good view of them.

I could see it better if it was on the road, my front wall blocks most of my view of it on the pavement!

Just had some bike riders park their bike on the pavement outside my house, there is room on the driveway of the house they are staying and the road... so why the pavement???

is it legal? - what if a mum and pram were to come past, or a blind person.... they would have to go onto the road?

Really annoys me, just like people who double park on the prom, and cars who park half on the pavement. - no consideration of others at all!

Rant over.... bottle of wine being opened now!!

Yes it is illegal to block the footpath. But their must be some special law or something in practice week and TT week.

they should use the green cross code, are they suddenly helpless?

the owner of the bike should use the green cross code, does it not say something about not parking on the pavement! ( I may be wrong?)

Just had some bike riders park their bike on the pavement outside my house, there is room on the driveway of the house they are staying and the road... so why the pavement???

is it legal? - what if a mum and pram were to come past, or a blind person.... they would have to go onto the road?

Really annoys me, just like people who double park on the prom, and cars who park half on the pavement. - no consideration of others at all!

Rant over.... bottle of wine being opened now!!

Yes it is illegal to block the footpath. But their must be some special law or something in practice week and TT week.

lol, probably is a special TT law!

You could sit in the road! :ph34r:

Right, if the weather is good tomorrow, I'm going to get my lounger out and sit in the middle of the road, lets see just how mad motorists will get when they have to go up the pavement to avoid me - do you think they may just run me over? will that give me the right to sue, that I couldn't sit on the pavement cos of the bike?. :lol:

TT rules, bikers may park exactly where they wish for the whole 2 weeks, wino's can't complain.

As a well established wino, it is my duty to complain, if I was to be staggering home and fell into the bike and say knocked it off its stand, am I liable?

TT rules, bikers may park exactly where they wish for the whole 2 weeks, wino's can't complain.

As a well established wino, it is my duty to complain, if I was to be staggering home and fell into the bike and say knocked it off its stand, am I liable?

Liable to do what?

Contributory negligence is all I have to say!

If they are blocking the pavement, then I understand your point. If they are just reducing the amount of pavement, then perhaps just live and let live.

me too, but the bike is parked across the pavement, not against the wall or something.. which I wouldn't be bothered about....

Archived