Possible Lottery Scam (spanish)

Higgy

A warning to you all out there.

I received a letter from a company in Spain this morning. It was from 'Loteria Primitiva'. They were informing me of my win in this months lottery. To the best of my knowledge I have never entered the Spanish lottery. My Dad received the same letter this morning informing him. My Dad has never been to Spain so it is highly unlikely that he has ever entered the spanish lottery. The letter goes on to say that in order to pay out the winnings, my bank account details would be required. Has anyone else received such a letter? I am sure there are manxforum members out there that work for banks etc. I'm sure they will agree with me that you should never give out your bank details to anyone you don't know! :o

Good job I read this. I was just about to send out all my bank details and remortgage my house to fund a lottery claim in a lottery I have never entered either. How could I have not seen this?

There are some people out there that would do such a thing :D

Thanks for your stupid comment though!

Good job I read this. I was just about to send out all my bank details and remortgage my house to fund a lottery claim in a lottery I have never entered either. How could I have not seen this?

The elderly and the dumb arses are the most at risk to scams such as this. :D

You're welcome. And if there are still people out there stupid enough to be handing money over to these people, then the chances are they deserve it, or need a power of attorney order taken out against them.

Drat it! I thought this one was going to be real, today, I have won $24,000,000 in various lotteries I did not enter. I live in hope that one day one of them will be real, or, that Lady Antoinette De'vaulluier really is my long loat relative who needs to give me all her money before the life threatening disease takes over and her country take all her estate.

You had me worried there. I recently sent off all my details on the basis of one of these letters but on checking the letter it was the Nigerian state lottery rather than the Spanish one so I should be ok.

Phew.

Now I think I will go and buy a cheap Ferrari from the ole Eastern Bloc on ebay

Terry - STOP! I bought one of those Ferraris from a Bulgarian web site, it got damaged in the post & I wasn't covered by the internet protocol backslash hash small printed memo about goods damaged in transport. Gutted I was. And still I await the response from my long lost cousin Lady Antoinette De'vaulluier.

It's ok. I'm collecting it in person.

The bloke just said bring a briefcase full of used notes (and a shovel :huh: ) and meet him in a forest in the middle of nowhere

Doh! :rolleyes:

There's a great guy on ebay who'll pay over the odds for anything you want to sell. And he makes sure you don't pay Paypal fees by sending a cheque.

I can't wait for him to bid £2000 for the toothbrush I've just put on.

Archived