Problems With Paypal

Minnie

That would seem to be the simple solution, Mr S, but the problem I have with that is because they've locked my PayPal account I can't login to change any details and they're refusing to unlock my account because I'm not mailing them from the registered email address. Feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here.

Banging your head against the wall and tearing your own hair out is rather detrimental to your wellbeing. If you're happy to not have a paypal account (and who wouldn't be) then I would just not bother responding anymore. Make a record of your attempts thus far to resolve the matter, with any supporting documentation you might have. Don't contact the Clown Brown, I'd bet it's a premium number you've been given for him, keep ALL correspondence you receive in a nice tidy foldery way and wait to see what happens. Which will probably be nothing.

Minnie - I think if you try registering a googlemail.com account with the same prefix as your gmail.com account, you might find it available - possibly reserved for the gmail user. Worth a go. Also might be worth trying to send an email to the xxx@googlemail.com account - see if it bounces back or there is someone at the other end... you never know - it might be them who is in debt with Paypal ??? I think however it will get sent to your gmail account - give it a try.

Sent emails from my son's account to both @gmail.com and @googlemail.com and they both came through to me.

Got a lovely little card in the post today confirming that the elusive P Brown would be paying me a visit between 9am and 9pm on Tuesday....how exciting! They obviously think it's worthwhile to pay the air fare to the island and the taxi fare to my house for the sake of an (alleged) amount of somewhere between £20 and £30. Have to get my hair done, get out my best dress and buy some posh biccies for him to have with his cuppa.

Had just over £500 disappear from my bank account, via PayPal just before Xmas - must say I was most dis-chuffed!!

This was 'payment' for a motorcycle helmet that someone else had 'won' on ebay, - after numerous emails & complaints, a couple of phone calls, they eventually admitted it was a cock up on their part and I got the money back about 3 weeks later (bit late for xmas pressies by that time!).

I have set a low limit now on what can go out, and TBH I haven't used Paypal since.

Archived