Anyone Ordered Heating Oil Recently

WilDDog

I've just ordered a 1000 litres of heating oil and when the lady told me how much I nearly fell of the couch, £524.

Jeez fuel prices really suck.

I've just ordered a 1000 litres of heating oil and when the lady told me how much I nearly fell of the couch, £524.

Who was it said you'd make back the cost of a gas to oil conversion in a year? Was it Roger Smelly?

I bet you wish you're missus sucked as well as the oil prices do !

Seriously though, I got hit big time a couple of weeks ago at a touch under £500 too. Yelp...

I can see why people don't put the heating on these days ;)

We ran out of oil just after Crimbo and were too poor to restock until a fortnight ago.We were told there was a minimum order of 450 litres at a horrible cost of 250 quid!

Horrific but it was great to be able to stop boiling kettles every time we needed to wash the dishes. :angry:

I'm really trying not to think about the next oil refill order...... The tank is below 1/4 full and the weather's not mild enough yet for Mrs House to even consider not having the heating blasting away FAR TOO BLOODY OFTEN.

What's wrong with jumpers?

£500+ for a tank? That's really not good at all. And make no mistake, the price of oil is only going one way from here on in. (Hint - it's not down.)

I'm really trying not to think about the next oil refill order...... The tank is below 1/4 full and the weather's not mild enough yet for Mrs House to even consider not having the heating blasting away FAR TOO BLOODY OFTEN.

What's wrong with jumpers?

£500+ for a tank? That's really not good at all. And make no mistake, the price of oil is only going one way from here on in. (Hint - it's not down.)

Best heating solution I have is decent underwear from Looney's of Ramsey, at least that's step #1. Downside is running 4km in snow after your dog who's chasing dear - tad wiffy here :-)

Almost the same price here, just be glad it doesn't hit -15C in winter although we do get plenty of sun in winter to compensate.

We got £400 worth of oil late last year and there's still plenty left. We found we didn't really use any through the most part of the year so if this is the big hit once a year I can live with that!

At the moment ours is rather inefficient too because I had to remove a radiator in a room that has now been opened out into another that had no radiator. So half the downstairs is trying to heat the other half and it makes for poor efficiency.

Once that's rectified I'm expecting a noticeable improvement but it's not bad as it is.

keyboarder - Is that a serious comment or are you just being a troll?

Ballaughbiker - was that a serious question or are you being naive?

Keyboarder? Troll?

Never.......

I recently had to order 17,000 ltrs of oil for work to keep us going until we convert to gas. That's right, convert TO gas. It's going to be cheaper in the long run.

I was planning to convert to oil when I moved into my house, but I've since had a re-think as oil prices shoot up.

Archived